What is your favorite four-day split?

@jlrodriguez I named this the “Kerry Von Eric 4 Day Split”:

M - back, bi’s / T - chest, tri’s / W - off / T - legs / F - shoulders, traps, forearms / S - off / S - off

Back - behind neck pulldown, seated cable rows
Bi’s - barbell curls, concentration curls
Chest - dips, incline, flyes
Tri’s - Pulldowns, Lying Extensions, overhead extensions
Legs - Extensions, Leg Press, Leg Curls, Calves
Shoulders - behind neck overhead, side laterals, rear laterals
Traps - upright rows, shrugs
Forearms - behind back wrist curls

5 sets / 2 warmup 3 working / 8-10 reps

@bonnie99 Saw a video from Randumb Fitness mentioning this exact split. Seeing this comment has more than 1 year, have you modified or changed anything? He mentions in the video you could incorporate a separate arms/shoulders day (5th day) in case the 4 day split takes you too much time. How has your experience been? I might end up doing this starting tomorrow.

@pacificjordan I did this for about 3 months or so and I liked it a lot. Eventually tho I found my way back to a body part split just cuz I really enjoy honing in on one muscle group and wrecking it. Also I was in the gym for like 2 hours every workout tryana cover all my bases. I still think it’s good tho I was actually considering trying it again.

@bonnie99 The good thing with that split or an upper/lower is you get 3 rest days in comparison to a bro split, and the older you get, the one with more rest will be recommended to avoid injury. I guess the time you save from training in the rest days, you spend it on a longer workout on the training days.

@jlrodriguez I do a PPL with a "finisher" as a fourth day. I basically do upper body but try to push it doing less sets, more weight and going to failure. It's a nice way to end the gym week lol.

This is also adaptable so you can do whatever you prefer in accordance with your goals. Make it fun!

@hopeful1ne Ha, I love that! I also like being destroyed at the end of the week and thoroughly enjoying the weekend. It seems like it could be a good way to hit muscle groups that I didn’t push quite as hard as I’d like to during the rest of the week

@jlrodriguez Technically 3 days done over 4.
  • Day 1 (1a)
  • Day 2
  • Day 1 again (1b)
  • Day 3
  • Off
Day 1 is weak point bodyparts. Optional Off Day between 1a and 1b.

I did "Push" on 1a, and delts then chest (in that order) on 1b. 1a is chest, delts, triceps.

@jlrodriguez Try alternating an extra each week so like

L PP L week 1
P PL P week 2
And cycle that way

If it were me I’d just do LPPL for a while since legs are my weakness then when they feel too fatigued (usually about week 4 when I need a deload week) change it up for a while.

For me ppl is king but a brosplit every once in a while when your body needs a break is great too.

Talking from my own experience.

Back