“A woman shouldn’t be doing an Arnold split.”

@foreverblessedsh If I could read this, I'd be very upset right now.

Thank goodness I can't read though, because back in 1876 my Harvard professor, Edward H. Clarke, helpfully explained that while I'm capable of being educated, it would run the risk of me infertile, disagreeable, and irritable. And I just don't want to be any of those unladylike things.

@jimjam Lmao no. You'll encounter guys who think with their nuts for the rest of your lifting career; ignore the idiots and focus on your progress.

There's actually decent evidence that women respond better, proportionately, to high-volume training than men do. (More science here.)

1RM calculators are generally scaled to the average dude, so you might be able to do five reps at a percent that the calculator says should only be viable for three. I personally don't bother adjusting for this; I've made perfectly good progress with standard, unedited lifting plans. Have fun with that Arnold split!

@jimjam This is a terrible idea - women should not do the Arnold split obviously because soon she’ll be shouting catch phrases like “get een da choppa!” And “it’s not a toomah”

I mean, you do you but don’t say you weren’t warned

/s

@jimjam Nah you’re more than capable of running any program. There’s no significant difference in programming or exercise selection for male vs female. He’s behind

@jimjam That's absurd! A woman cannot do an Arnold split and expect to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, because testosterone, steroids, all that jazz. But that's obviously not the point. As long as you have good form, can handle the weight, are listening to your body when you need rest, etc. there's zero reason not to do a program that makes you feel healthy and strong.

@officehead Most men also are not going to look like him either but I’ve never heard that as an excuse for why someone shouldn’t a program lol that’s such a weird thing for the forum owner to say to someone

@jimjam I disagree with him, as long as you're an experienced lifter, you should be capable of doing that kind of program without overdoing it. As always, you should listen to your body to determine if it's a good fit for you or not.

Back