[FLUFF] ‘Wonder Woman’ recruited actual athletes, fighters as powerful Amazonians

@lake356 Hah! The first thing I whispered when I saw her was "she's skinny!" And then I laughed because the thought would have never crossed my mind until after I started training.

@lake356 Not all body types get a super defined muscle physique, some girls just bulk. And seriously, lifting (if you are not already an avid lifter) isn't safe while preggo

@dawn16 Yeah I mean my friend has clearly defined abs and pretty solid thighs, meanwhile I'm over here looking like gumby and can squat and deadlift twice as much as her. You don't have to look ripped to be strong.

@lake356 I agree. When I first heard she would play Wonder Woman, I couldn't help but complain about a thin supermodel being cast as this fighter. As a comparison, I loved Daisy Ridley. You could just tell her arms were defined as Rey. I think Gal Gadot did a fantastic job, and she definitely was pregnant, but I just wished she looked a bit more built.

@toujoursla I was nervous about the casting when I first heard it, too. Which I realized long after is pretty unfair when Thor himself started out as a slender yoga man before he was cast.

@toujoursla I loved how tall she looked in every scene. She may not have been stacked like some of the other amazon actresses but she had good presence in the shots. Also I will happily drown myself in Gal Gadots glorious brown eyes.

@mippop That's true- the tall thing was really impressive. When I think of the Amazons, I imagine them towering over all mankind. And I will admit I stared at her eyes every close-up. Wow, best brown eyes I've ever seen in my life.

@mippop This was definitely prevalent in certain scenes with Chris Pine, and I totally love the tall woman/shorter man dichotomy on screen and wish it were more common!

@vivienita I feel like even with pregnancy, we couldve seen some strong quads. In the story here whole life is training, but I dont see any evidence of that. Im not knocking her body at all. She looks great. Just kind of expected someone who looks a little more like she trains as a warrior all day

@lake356 I completely agree. My only complaint regarding Gal. I feel like her legs were more muscular in Batman V. Superman. Nothing wrong with being thin. She is beautiful and she did a fantastic job but I would like to see Wonder Woman as a strong woman such as the other Amazons.

@lake356 Yea I'm not a serious lifter. I don't compete at all. I'm still stronger than her. C'mon people.

Oh and the pregnancy thing? It creeps me out, but you can find YouTube video of pregnant woman lifting more than average non pregnant women.

Back