2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 1: 2007 Reload

jonjones229

[h4]/games2020[/h4]

We're off with event 1, and it's a classic based off an event from the 2007 CrossFit games. Heavier and more complex movements that the athletes will have to rip through! Big fan of this one, and I expect some fun

Don't forget to join us on the r/crossfit discord for chats, weekly workouts, and more!

Workouts

Leaderboard

How to watch

Format Overview

Your timezone not featured? Use this handy timezone converter to help find the time in your local

Looking for easy reminders? I've made a 2020 CrossFit Games Finals Google Calendar / iCal that will update to whatever time zone you're in!

Broadcast times​

Block 1: 8:00am-9:30am PT / 11:00am-12:30pm ET / 3pm-4:30pm UTC

Your timezone not featured? Use this handy timezone converter to help find the time in your local

Looking for easy event reminders? I've made a 2020 CrossFit Games Finals Google Calendar that will update to whatever time zone you're in!

Stream Sources​

Be wary of spammers trying to get you with livestreams. All event streams will be available on official CrossFit Platforms.

CrossFit Games Website

CrossFit Games Facebook

CrossFit Games Twitch

CrossFit Games Youtube

CrossFit Games Instagram

Event 1: 2007 Reload​

For time:

1,500-meter row

Then

5 rounds of:

10 bar muscle-ups

7 shoulder-to-overheads (235/145lb)(~107/66kg)

If there's anything else you think needs to be included (streams, resources, reporting), or if I missed anything please send me a message

@jonjones229 Event 1 of like, 26:

Everyone on here-"Noah's toast. Brooke is a failure. Mat and Tia have this locked down"

(The last part is probably accurate no matter what)

@anneka LOL what?

This has always been an issue to some extent, that many people have brought up, but it's more forgivable/understandable in multiple heats of 10-20 people. How are they not able to bounce back and forth and show footage and talk about FIVE ATHLETES in an event though?

@musicman887
m not shocked to be seeing Katrin not doing great on that one.I feel like over the past few years, the pure strength element needed for reps has outpaced her gain in strength (similar to what happened to Briggs).Now what is uncomfortably heavy for her for reps is part of a fair number of workouts and often coupled with something that might be considered her wheelhouseReplyGive AwardshareReportSave

Brooke was the strongest female athlete in 2015 & 16 cleaning 270, now shes looking sloppy strength wise

@musicman887 I didn't think Katrin's looked overly arched, she was just catching her jerks a lot lower than the others were vs Brooke with the big arch and wide legs both on the clean and the jerks

@turnkeyfx I'm not shocked to be seeing Katrin not doing great on that one.

I feel like over the past few years, the pure strength element needed for reps has outpaced her gain in strength (similar to what happened to Briggs).

Now what is uncomfortably heavy for her for reps is part of a fair number of workouts and often coupled with something that might be considered her wheelhouse

@jonjones229 Its worth noting that Kat had a significant back injury this winter and Ben said she wasn't able to lift for awhile. I'm sure shes still dealing with that and nervous to put so much weight overhead.

@ezie if you listened to the commentary they mentioned that while Adams doesnt have a *ton* of raw strength comparatively speaking (like her 1RMs) shes able to cycle more volume very close to her 1 RM pretty efficiently

@ezie I think there's a difference between pure max strength and being able to comfortably cycle a barbell.

It's definitely a hole in their games, but I kind of expect that to happen to Katrin at this point as it has shown to be a weaker part of her game in the past. Just as it often is with Noah

Back