2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 9: Happy Star

@bnorris I thought about mentioning Schumacher but this Lewis era of domination is better. And neither of those accomplishments are just their own... merc/Ferrari were prettttty instrumental in their successes...

@flower94 More investment in better facilities/practice setups. The amount of data they pull from cars these days compared to 10-15 years ago is insane. Which obviously gives more technical advances.

Hamilton isn’t racing against anyone at his level. Schumacher had Senna/Hakkinen and Mansell. To be honest I was half asleep when I made my comment so I probably didn’t think it through.

@naturalsinner It’s a fun sidebar... Ferrari was also less constrained in ability to invest and dominate via $$$ in that era than Merc is now... power unit/gearbox limits in the season, practice and testing restrictions and the like... I never flew a Tiflis flag but wish Ferrari would get their ish together and be more competitive...

@naturalsinner Well yeah but... talking (initially at least) about periods of absolute dominance in any sport... ever. Or at least in my lifetime...

It’s more comparable than F1 to golf or CrossFit...🤷🏼

Back