2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 9: Happy Star

@jonjones229 That little Harpeth CrossFit looks pretty cool. No clue how they maintain equipment or workout in bad weather but looks like an awesome place to workout on a perfect weather day!

@royalpoet Me too! 5th place, nothing to lose.

She got polaxed by those last thrusters. Two or three failed reps? She made her bed and sent it though. I was on the edge of my seat just trying to will her to keep that last run and burpees going

On a lot of workouts she seems to have a lactic problem, so anaerobic metabolism issue ?

I mean her strength and form (when she's fresh) aren't a problem at all. And the longer an event last, the bigger the problem seems. I am not a professionnal in exercice physiology but it looks like a lactate buildup.

@at7ila Her and mat are outstanding but I wanted to see a few of the others take some risks early on to at least try to keep first place within reach. Other than Brooke in this event, I don’t think we have seen any examples of anyone trying to push that redline. I mean, take the CrossFit total, they almost all looked like comfortable lifts which just gifted Tia and Matt points? I feel like maybe psychologically they had accepted they were competing for second

@tennesseegirl1993 I liked how Medeiros pushed Mat on the bike. It was like round 3 or 4 you saw Mat like PEDALING.

Just like Brooke did in this one. I don't mind people winning every event, but push them a bit.

I really think Mat miscalculated the total, and the speed snatch ladder was just an embarrassment of crossfitters who don't focus on oly lifting. Those types of events SHOULD be fun but the ease that he wins them kinda ruins it.

@dawn16 Yeah I agree Justin has been the one who has pushed Mat more than anyone. Hope he still podiums.

The total yeah I think he thought he had done enough. Absolutely crazy the only reason he isn’t 9/9 might just be bad maths haha

Snatch ladder is what it is, the best Oly lifters clearly won and efficient technique prevailed but it’s never gonna look as pretty when they have to run through three barbells like that.

@tennesseegirl1993 Oh yeah I don't mean a knock on form. There hasn't really been those bad form fails like previous years with the top 5

I just mean someone who was on the youth us national team going for the Olympics of couse wins, just like tia as a 2016 Olympian. Like you said it is what it is haha

Back