3 Years of Calisthenics (Lots of info)

@adobehacienda I would recommend getting stronger than you think necessary with basics, specifically pull-ups, dips, pike push-ups. If you are doing 12-20 reps of pull-ups or pike push-ups, you will have a way more enjoyable time training skills. I'm also a big fan of weighted basics, as it's easy to program and track progress in a very straightforward way. Skills can be much more elusive to track progress and program. TL:DR you can do basics for way longer than you think (as long as you're making some progress) and switch to skills and have a much better time.

@button holy shit man I'm trying to get like this (feel free to check out my pics and pm for advice) but what was your routine or your workout for calisthenics. rn I'm starting and its just the basics pushups, squats, planks, situps and cardio. I'm trying to get like you though so lmk what routine to try please and thanks!

@button Just watched your video, it just shows how real life can be and incredible that you come back . I too started working out after a month of progression i got sick and had to re start, that's life i think

@button Hey I've been thinking, I've noticed your FL form has 1 issue: You don't maintain PPT (unless I'm wrong?)

from the vid I saw your FL attempts without engaged glutes, if you don't engage your core the FL becomes much harder because you can't use your core and hip flexers to stay horizontal and your back has to work 2x hard. not trying to say you don't have the FL you definitely do but that kinda intrigued me I think you could hold it even moe with that tweak.

@orthodoxcrusaderuk The ppt shortens the lever slightly and makes up for my lack of lat strength. I know that it's my lat strength for certain because I can hold a dragon flag quite easily parallel to the ground. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain it's just a lack of strength.

@button Nah core is never the issue in FL (despite what people think) It's never a core exercise the FL is like 90% lats, all though if you do a FL and you go into APT and you can't go into PPT then your core is actually the limiting factor (because then your scapula can't stay neutral), but it's REALLYYY rare to find individuals like that.

@suzi1 I don't have the exact plan anymore, but with how many people have asked at thing point I think I'm going to make a youtube video on the ones I remember and ones I still do today.

@button Damn dude, great progress and especially great documentation/ planning, really motivating to see how someone reached their goal/ keeps reaching their goals - you should do some coaching or "online lessons", whatever you want to call them!!

@mzdre24 Thanks! I definitely would love to spend more time doing that, currently a little short on time with my full time job, youtube, and other life stuff, but if I'm ever close to being able to leave my job, I'll definitely start doing coaching. Youtube is my outlet for teaching for the meantime. Thanks for the suggestions!

@imtrainingsock2 Unfortunately don't currently have the time for coaching, but if youtube starts taking off and I am able to leave my 8-5 job, I'll be posting on there how to get in touch for coaching. Thanks for your interest!