After 5 years of bodybuilding and dissapointing gym apps, I made one with us in mind

@mikeck Of course!

RPE is just Rating of Perceived Exertion. It's a number between 1-10 that signifies how hard a set was. People have different measures, but in powerlifting for most it conflates with reps in reserve, eg. 10RPE is no more reps at that weight, 9 is 1, 8.5 would be 1 maybe 2, etc. It's a concept taken from aerobic fitness, that has become central to most big powerlifting programs and is creeping into bodybuilding (John Meadows uses it in his newer programs).

Regarding how you'd build it in, it would only need to be an extra input that records a float between 1 and 10 for every set. Eg:
Weight:100, Reps:5, RPE:8.

There's a great RTS article if you just Google "how to use RPE in your training RTS" that explains it better than me!

Great news on the comments though, hadn't spotted that.

@mikeck Awe man, it uses Kg. I'm a dumb Canadian who does everything in lbs still.

Thanks for sharing this! I'll try it out a bit, I've been a paper and pen kinda guy cause I could never get a useful phone app to track stuff so this should be fun.

@mikeck Cheers. I've used it a little bit and I enjoy it. I had a few questions
  • is it possible to adjust exercise order once it is in the workout?
  • Any potential to add comments in each exercise? (I.e. supersetted with xyz, shoulder was tight today so lifts were down, etc)

@sebastianw Hey mate, it seems it's an issue with Google Auth's side with some gmail accounts. It's an issue I'm looking into. If you wish, in the meantime you could sign up manually. If you use your Google email, then you're able to sign in via Google afterwards.

@mikeck I use Gymbook atm on iOS after I tried Strong and didn't want to pay every year. I quite like it after getting used to it. To me it needs to have Watch support since it's super easy to add the sets.
But this one lacks RPE implementation, I can't log the RPE for a given set, which is disappointing. I'll follow yours in case you launch it on iOS. Good work!

@mikeck Oh! Oh! One more suggestion....I use strong app, and kinda saddened that they don’t distinguish muscle groups, but instead areas of the body. Your app does a much better job of not just saying “arms”, but rather “biceps” or “triceps”. You even have “glutes”. But, instead of “legs” I would love it to say “quads” / “hams”. Perhaps that’s more advanced, but it certainly is of interest to someone that values tracking their volume for muscle groups. If chest is the antagonist to back, then hamstrings are the antagonist to quadriceps. With that context, you can really understand the legitimacy of splitting of “legs” and follow suit of how you’ve partitioned all the rest.