Bodyweight strength training programs in Google Sheets with videos & progression guides included - 2-4x week Fullbody, Upper/lower and bodypart splits

@offor You got it almost right! So yes progress by increasing reps and weight over time.

Once you finish a training block (could be 5 or up to 12weeks) review your performance and see what exercises you will progress to the next block. So lets say you did 12reps at the end the training block for push-ups you would move up to a harder exercise in the next training block that would be decline push-up.
The exercises where you don't reach the top of the rep range are mostly kept the same. Of course you need to evaluate if you wish to switch some exercise to the new training block. For example if you got some knee pain from doing pistols you might want to switch that to a skater squat for example.

@holly3179 The three day split is pretty good if you like to train each muscle group once a week.
Another option would be to pick the fullbody 3x and do at least two workouts a week and keep 3rd workout optional (2+1 optional). Some people like split routines and some like to do fullbody. That's why i did both examples.

@icemasterpt Wow this is awesome. I've actually gotten to where I ignore a lot of the posts where people share their workout spreadsheets just because either I don't like the formatting, how the workouts were structured, or just the document is just to much a pain to customize. But I love the way you have these setup, and also that you did one for all the different splits (or at least the most common ones.

@mofbabee Great! Hope it helps. And since it has no scripts it can be edited freely. Let say if someone really wants to create a six day template they just have to do some copy&paste work. (or use the existing training slots split them up). One good feature is that you can compare the total number of sets between splits and see whats the difference.

@icemasterpt Nice routine, but the forearms are a bit sad they didn't make the cut into your routines. I guess bicep/tricep is enough to stimulate forearms to a good degree tho

@branon94 Basic strength training split don't include any direct forearm work. You can add direct forearm work to these routines by:
-Insert custom exercises to exercise page to the "Other slot"
-Select muscle group "other" in the planning page
-Select the exercise you created

@icemasterpt This question might be a bit stupid, but are your workout routines also useable if I wanna get started with calisthenics?

I first discovered this sub-reddit when I stumbled over the RR.

I would love to do the 4 day upper/lower split but would that help me progress in calisthenics the same as teh RR?

Cheers!

@oceanpoet87 It depends on your training history. If you have some experience in strength training then the 4 day upper/lower split might be a good option. For beginners it might be too much training volume. But you can lower the number of weekly sets by 1set for each exercise and see how you feel (that would be total 8sets for main muscle groups instead of 10sets).

Just select exercises according to your current strength level and move to more difficult exercises when you are strong enough. Usually this is when you can do 10 or 12reps on your first set.

RR is great but it has some flaws if you want to build a balanced physique. For example its missing calf work and direct arm work which is required for most people to build strong arms.

@icemasterpt Thank you for your fast reply!

I got little experience in weight training and trained a bit with my own bodyweight and gymnastic rings for 2 weeks now. Therefore I guess I will follow your advise and lower my sets and see how it works.

Ahh okay! But is it more focused on calisthenics than your workout? Cause I really wanna learn handstand and front lever. I know it definetly gonna take its time, but I feel like i will excercise on my core way less , if I do not follow the RR.

@oceanpoet87 What I like to think is that the basic skills like handstands and front levers will be achieved as a byproduct of the basic strenght training. Training the rowing progression towards tucked front lever rows and pike pushup to wall supported handstand pushups will prepare you for these skills (+some core work).
And practising the skills is much more fun when you already have build some basic strenght.
Both routines have these progression in them so learning to hold the positions should not be a problem. You can change the exercises for the abs in the upper/lower split if you want and do the RR core workout instead if you are worried about that.

@icemasterpt good bless your gains

I'll begin with an upper/lower 3 days split from tomorrow .. after my old ppl

i have small muscled arms compared to my chest and back muscles and i have no problem with legs

so my question is:

can i split the upper body little differently :

like this

upper 1 ( chest and back )

upper 2 ( shoulder and arms ) to let them a grow and get focus

please can you help me ?? and what about sets is it the same ??

thank you muscle gainers...

@twentyhawks Notice how the training days go in upper/lower 3-day split. It is not the same for each week since it has 3 workout days but upper/lower splits have 2 or 4 different workouts. So thats:

Week1 Upper1, Lower1, Upper2

Week2 Lower2, Upper1, Lower1

Week3 Upper2, Lower2, Upper1

etc. So the workout days rotate.

If you want to add some more direct arm work just increase the number of sets for biceps and triceps from 2sets to 3 or 4 sets and keep the rest of the split the same.

@icemasterpt This is an amazing resource. Thankyou.

Question, I'm a bit confused about the difference between the "tracking sheet" and the "week logs". They seem like they kinda do the same thing?

Also, what does "last" mean and why is there two "weight" boxes under weight?

@gadgett Tracking sheet collects all the data from week1 to week12 and displays it on one page. So the main idea is that you can see how well you have progressed during the weeks.

"Last" shows the reps you did on your previous workout so you don't have to scroll to the previous week.

There are two boxes for weight. The one on the left shows the weight you used on your previous workout and the right box is where you log your current weight. This is used for weighted bodyweight training and if you use some weights for any of the exercises.

Make a copy of the file to your drive and just enter some random rep numbers to how the sheet works.

Check out this post to get the latest 2.0 update:

@icemasterpt I wonder if someone is still scroll through the comments in this section and can help me with an answer...

Well, looks like I'm not very bright, but: am I understand that bases on 3-day split program (as example) you should do 21 total set for each training day? I mean there is 7 excercises by 3 sets in each, this scares me a lot.

@radualex Hi. I still get notified.

3 exercises and 3 sets is pretty standard for each muscle group in strength training programs. And if you train 1 main muscle group (9sets) and two smaller ones (6 sets each) you usually get about 9 + 6 + 6 sets for a workout. Usually this amount of work is required for intermediate lifters to make steady progress.

You can reduce the number of sets at first from 3 sets for each exercise to 2 sets. That gives you about 6 weekly sets for main muscle groups and see how you respond.

Take note that the 3-day split only has 3 workouts a week. "Workout days for example Monday A, Wednesday B & Thursday C. Minimun 1 rest day between workouts."

The training volume for main muscle groups is the same as the Recommended Routine on the Wiki.

There is an updated template for all programs:

https://twoworkouts.blogspot.com/2022/03/free-bodyweight-strength-training.html