Can I get enough protein of mainly protein powders?

@oliver23 If you want to stress your kidneys and always be bloated &/or gassy, then sure you can. As long as you can afford it, that is.

Dymatize whey protein isolate tastes better than most, but at 25-35g per serving, you’re looking at like 7-10 shakes DAILY to hit a realistic protein goal for yourself and I don’t think anyone would recommend that in lieu of eating chicken, beef, or fish.

I think a lot of people focus way too much on stripping the joy out of their food to call themselves “healthy” or “on a diet”, but if you are getting in the right range of calories and macros, chicken nuggets are a good source of protein if you prefer them to boneless, skinless, flavorless chicken breast, and at your size you need whatever extra calories you can get anyway.

@oliver23 I was actually able to overcome my eating disorder and food anxiety during my journey to get stronger and put on weight. I dropped 15 lbs in two months just due to not eating, and was 5’6” and 105lbs for multiple years. Once I fixed my eating habits (long period of time working diligently with myself and my anxiety to overcome my ED), I’ve made it to a steady 135. It can be done!
What kinds of food do you struggle with, and where are your safe areas? I might be able to give you some tips.

@oliver23 I'm a really picky eater too and I would recommend METRx meal replacement bars if you can find them in your part of the world, the cookie crunch flavor is phenomenal and it has 32 grams of protein. That's usually my breakfast along with a multi vitamin.