Comprehensive lululemon Legging Guide for an Ex-Employee

@silkybunny I adore my Train Times. I’ve been outdoor running in them for about three years - they’re just now starting to show a few signs of wear (basically, a string on the butt seam. One string.) I’m replacing them a Speed Up that survived their first long run as a taper before this half. I’m so grateful to the legging guide that helped me makes this choice! My local lululemon is amazing. Thank you!

@silkybunny Thank you so much for writing this detailed guide, this is super helpful!

One question - do any of the running-focused leggings have pockets big enough to fit an iPhone on the front/back of the waistband (i.e. not in the side pockets)?

@nguyenkhoa Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately it seems like only the crop 23" length is available right now (and I prefer full length or ankle length). The back pocket does look pretty big though!

@praisingourgod I just checked out the Fast and Free on their website and it does seem to have a decently sized pocket. I'll have to check it out in the store to see exactly what I can fit in there. Thanks for the tip!

And I feel the same way, I really don't prefer to run with my phone in the side pocket, it makes me feel unbalanced. So hopefully the pocket in the current model of the Fast and Free has what I need!

@katie4469 I have run two marathons in my Fast and Frees and the side pocket is clutch. iPhone (without the case) stayed put and plenty of room for gels and snacks without bulging and without sliding down! I am splurging for another pair this training cycle literally because of the side pockets lol.

@katie4469 Not OP but I’ve found no. The back pockets are largely useless except for a key, maybe a Gu gel. The phone needs to slide into the side pockets. Especially the newer iPhones that are big.

@katie4469 Happy to help!

As far as I know, none of the leggings above have such a pocket. The Speed Ups do have a small zippered pocket in the back, but I would say it can only fit a credit card and a key or two. There could be new seasonal styles released that may feature a larger pocket in the front or back, but based on the past styles of leggings, I don't have too high hopes--sorry!!

I know they sell a running belt nowadays (Fast and Free Run Belt), but that doesn't exactly answer your question haha :(

@tried_true The Youtuber HopeScope made a video (and still regularly makes videos on) lululemon dupes and I actually concur with everything she's mentioned! I will say, however, I have only tried the recommended dupes she's mentioned on low-impact activity leggings--notably the Aligns--but they're pretty spot on, so I have no reason to doubt the rest of her recommendations are solid too. My favorite dupes for the Aligns are P'tula's Alainah leggings!

@silkybunny Totally agree! That's how I ended up purchasing the P'tula Alainah II's - based off of Hope's review. I will say that the Alainah's are not a total dupe for the Aligns. I don't think Sami (the P'tula creator) meant for them to be compared as such. They're great leggings - one of my favorites - but definitely not the same as Aligns.

@silkybunny Thank you for this incredible write up! Seriously, the detail here is amazing. But I have a question that I may have missed the answer to, sorry! For the yoga-specific tights/pants (the first two), will they be good for absorbing sweat during yoga? Asking because I do Ashtanga and I sweat enough to soak through most leggings normally 😭

@fishn4 You are so very welcome--thank you for the (long) read! :)

I would recommend the Wunder Unders in Luxtreme fabric! The Luxtreme fabric is very fast-drying and sweat-wicking. If you're worried about sweat stains, black is definitely the way to go. Any Luxtreme fabric pant would technically work, but I think the Wunder Unders really provide the stretch you'll need and there aren't any extra unnecessary seams that can awkwardly dig into your skin!

Back