Comprehensive lululemon Legging Guide for an Ex-Employee

@silkybunny I bought a pair of Aligns for general gym / lifting / running when I was first pregnant . I did size up to a US 6 . There were amAzing a comfy throughout my whole pregnancy and fit me at 16 weeks and still at 38 weeks. They weren’t stretched out and I could wear them again immediately after baby too . They are too loose now but as I said I did size up as I was concerned about them fitting a super pregnant lady. It was amazing to have something actually comfortable to work out in when your body is doing weird things ! Would throughly recommend for this purpose even though they aren’t maternity.

@silkybunny I don’t own any Lululemon leggings but I have a gym tote that I love. But the metal clasp on the strap broke off and so I’m using a small carabiner to hook the strap to the bag. The shoulder padding is also badly fraying. Is there anything that can be done?

@dadmann Bags are a little more complicated in the repair process compared to leggings, due to all the unique little parts. I would take it to your closest lululemon and see if they will offer anything, whether a repair or an exchange! They might not be able to do much, but sometimes we’ve offered people free exchanges.

@silkybunny My prayers are well and truly being answered wow...I literally asked for a recommendation for an HG pair in the weekly thread and now, a few days later, we have 4 incredible posts reviewing some great brands. #BLESSED

@silkybunny What would be the best style for pre-professional dance (not ballroom)? Dance often includes running and jumping and can be pretty high impact along with so much sweat. But the leggings have to be SUUPER stretchy. I am interested in getting a pair of actual athletic-wear leggings rather than just cotton ones but have issues with athletic leggings fitting right (i have a slim waist with wider hips and pretty bulky thighs and calves)

@sal93h I would try Fast and Frees!! They’re very thin (second skin feeling) and stretchy and have a drawstring at the waist. I have the same problem with leggings fitting as I’m a pear shape and the drawstring really helps!

@silkybunny A potentially stupid question who doesn't own any Lulu items, but was recently thinking of ordering some, hence why I looked at this post, I've got a question:

You say that Train Times are good leggings for indoor treadmill/elliptical running, and Speed Up are good for outdoor running. As someone who has regularly run up to 70+ mile weeks... what's the difference? I suppose that I generally don't go for leggings on the rare indoor runs anyway because they get too hot, but I've never thought that one pair of tights I owned was or less suitable for either environment. What factor drives the difference? I suppose the Speed Up have reflective aspects, which is good, but that's really only needed if running at night (which I do and I have other reflective gear/a headlamp for that, but in my mind it's not relevant to the fabric itself).

@shawntavia No stupid questions :)

The reflective factor your mentioned is the main point! In no means do you have to run indoors or outdoors with one pair of tights or another--they're both made with the same fabric after all. However, both the Speed Ups and the Fast and Frees have reflective detailing and pockets. Again, not life or death features, but just a nice touch for those who care. Nothing wrong with running outdoors in Train Times! Hope that helps!

Also, 70+ miles a week?! You are a boss! If you enjoy running with others, lululemon also has a Run Club--if it's something you're interested in, happy to share more info. Otherwise, I won't shove the details of it down your throat xD

@alicer In response to another user with stats of 5'5 and 112lbs, generally size 24 or 00, this was my response:

I actually have similar stats as you! I wear a 2 in Aligns and 4 in Speed Ups. I own both 2s and 4s in the rest of the styles of leggings depending on how hugged I want the leggings to be on a certain day lol.

Your best bet is to go in-store and try them on, however!

Back