Comprehensive lululemon Legging Guide for an Ex-Employee

@silkybunny The final sale for WMTM is also I think more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule. I bought 3 tank tops from WMTM and one ended up being a different fabric than the others. I chatted with their online support and basically said “hey, I hate this. It slides a bunch and scrunches up and feels cold and it isn’t like the other ones. And honestly if I keep it I won’t wear it.” And they ended up taking it back.

Every lulu experience I’ve had they’ve been super willing to listen to me and help me. Super shout out to the educator at SeaWheeze who talked me out of buying a really REALLY expensive rain jacket because it was really more of a windbreaker than an actual rain jacket. Wherever she is. She’s the real mvp.

@suegaire I actually have similar stats as you! I wear a 2 in Aligns and 4 in Speed Ups. I own both 2s and 4s in the rest of the styles of leggings depending on how hugged I want the leggings to be on a certain day lol.

@silkybunny So weird I size down in lulu... I’m a size 6 for everything else and a size 4 lulu. I have to imagine it’s because of the stretchy factor and regular pants are a 6 because of the quad/thigh on me and are always baggy in the waist.

For the Lab pants at lulu I wear a 6 just like any other manufacturer...

@tanya2015 Similar story here. I wear three different sizes for bottoms at LLL.

In the Wunder Under, In Movements, and Speed Ups, I wear a 6, my usual street size. But for ATRP I wear a 4 because the 6 slide down, but sometimes I'm afraid I will make the seams rip from squatting, hasn't happened yet though and one of my 4's I bought from Poshmark are looser than my other ones that I also bought from Poshmark but definitely hasn't been worn as much. And for shorts (Tracker, Run Times, Speed, Hotty Hot) I wear an 8 across the board. Also as a tall (5'10") and particularly curvy gal (Latina and Black) I'm so glad that they make many of their shorts in a 4 inch length! I can finally wear shorts at the gym and not feel like my ass will hang out!

@deadordyingwanderer Aligns use the most delicate fabric, so unfortunately, pilling is something we heard a lot of guests mention. Any kind of friction (even the natural kind between our thighs when we walk, sadly) will induce pilling. To extend the life of the Aligns, wash them in cold water, gentle settings, NEVER with cotton or fabric softener, and hang dry. I wish I had other advice to offer you, but if you're having serious pilling issues, it never hurts to bring them into your local lululemon and see what they can offer/help you with!

@giuseppeverdi I have a separate laundry basket for my workout clothes and I let that build up until I have enough to justify a load of just workout clothes (technical fabrics, no cotton). I've kept my workout clothes separate in the wash since I started buying/wearing them back in 2004 and I've never had a single issue with pilling or any other "damage". It's 100% worth the (fairly minimal) effort.

@silkybunny This is amazing, thank you! I've never owned a pair of lulu leggings, but I live in their athletic tops. I want to purchase a pair when I have a salaried job and money lol, so this is a great guide for me!

Back