Does anyone else feel a “duty” to be fit to disprove “soyboy” myths?

@kirkhaggerty If only I took the time to do a proper cut. I’m down 50 pounds give it take and people definitely know I’m strong. I also grew up in the government housing neighborhood so I’ve got a good bit of tough that was instilled in me that a lot of people wouldn’t want. My area is very culturally diverse so I see all kinds of people but I’m a white dude with a beard but I can fit into any crowd. One thing that absolutely blows people away is the fact that I don’t consume dead animals and I eat clean as fuck. I wasn’t always this way but when I had a click in my brain that knew deep down I was sort of a love everyone and everything kind of hippie and also just wanted to have that edge I went full on. I’ve had people yell at me with concerns for my health and I’m like “what about this brisket is healthy mother fucker?!” So I guess you could say yeah I take it as a duty to be one strong bold individual who breaks that myth. Built from beans!

@kirkhaggerty I've been lurkin' here for a bit cause I've been trying to cut down on my animal product consumption (environmental reasons for the most part) and this seems like a common source of frustration and motivation among vegans in general, not simply the jacked ones.

@kirkhaggerty The best response I’ve formulated is explaining to people that if soy really made people grow bigger boobs, soy would be the HOTTEST SUPPLEMENT on the market! But alas… it’s not!!!!

@kirkhaggerty totally! I'm a woman tho, so get mostly about protein and how ill get weaker. I kinda also feel a lot of pressure to be fit and not get sick, since if I'm not in good form I feel like people are gonna blame veganism, and maybe be more scared of giving it a try.

@kirkhaggerty Nah, I was into lifting heavy before I went vegan. I have noticed the same rate of gains as a vegan - surprisingly its been far easier to bulk and much harder to cut on a vegan diet. That said, I'd still be vegan even if my performance took a hit. I was fully prepared for that when I started, as a typical bro lifter, but it never happened.

@kirkhaggerty Lol, yeah. Since I've become vegan I've started studying nutrition and fitness and going pretty hard at it (lifting, running, cycling) and I can proudly say I'm stronger and healthier then I've ever been in my entire life.

My family hasn't been very supportive (basically all we did together in the past was eat cheese and meat) but they can't deny my gains.