Does anyone else have belly fat that looks/looked like this?

@davidjb
I'm 5'1" and have fluctuated between 110-130 lbs for my adult life

Are you me? I'm 22 but since the age of 14 this has always been the case for me. Anyways, I also have fat that looks like this and for the life of me, I don't know what to do about it!

@tantoluwa I must be you because I'm 22 as well and have had it for at least the same amount of time. For now I just avoid tight fitting clothing like the plague but at least there's Spanx for that!

@davidjb I'm always in skinny jeans or breeches (I ride horse) but lose fitting tops as much as possible. It does get tricky when I wear breeches that require me to wear a belt + tuck my shirt in :( have you tried high waisted bottoms to help with concealing the tummy fat?

@tantoluwa I had a pair of high waisted jeans that I loved for that reason, but sadly they wore out and I have yet to replace them. I didn't really bother with it during winter when I wore sweatshirts all the time anyway but now that it's short sleeve weather again I'll probably pick up some more soon.

@davidjb High waisted jeans (and mid-rise breeches in my case) are a lifesaver.

I currently own 3 of the same pair of these Abercrombie & Fitch jeans. Their regular price is expensive but looks like they're on sale for $30 right now. If you truly have the same body type as me, you'll love them. Abercrombie is constantly having all of their jeans on sale for $39 so whenever they're on sale, I buy a pair since I wear them so often and wear them out within 8 months.

@davidjb 5' 113-118 (I am cycling through bulking and cutting) and also have this. It does get smaller when I cut but I agree it's kinda annoying. It is most likely fat and not all organs. I mean, for me, I can tell it's fat because I feel my abs underneath it and I can feel the squishy. My abs are pretty "level" with my upper abs which are visible. Our bodies put fat in inconvenient places (for us) sometimes :(

@davidjb This is not helpful re: belly fat but the first thing I thought when I saw you was Aphrodite coming out of her shell so...you look great? Like a goddess even!

@davidjb just a note from an anatomy standpoint.

EVERYONE has a slope from the bellybutton into the crotch. it's simply how hip bones work. women typically have more tilted hipbones than men, so it's pronounced more. furthermore, when clothed, (fit) men's belly appears flat because their genitalia fills the slope.

for you it's probably a mixture of fat and organs. I heard that lower ab exercises can tighten up the area, but you'll always have a slope.

@davidjb Do you do any core work? If the other comments are correct and it may be the result of how your organs "sit", then in order for your organs to protrude like that, the muscle and connective tissue between your organs and your skin must be very thin. I think if you built up your abs, it would "pull in" and you'd gain a flatter look.

@davidjb My stomach looks exactly like that. I think it's just like the shape of your rib cage and pelvis, and the positioning of your organs. My uterus is tilted, is yours?

PS. I think it's worse because we're shorter. There's less room for all our innards to spread out.

@davidjb Yes, my stomach has always been flat except for the little pooch right under my belly button. I'm 5'6" and no matter how much my weight fluctuates, I always have it. I was very underweight for a time in my early 20s due to undiagnosed thyroid problems, and even then the pooch remained. It's just where my body wants to store fat. Since I can't really get rid of it I've just learned to wear only high-waisted pants and all is well with the world :)