Frustrated about body size and TDEE

@rossylisy So what exactly do you want to do? What is the difference between eating everything on the plate vs half? Does the food taste worse because you can't eat all of it? Seriously. OP was complaining if they eat all the food they are served they will gain weight. No shit. There are tall, fat people too. I'm pushing being overweight which is why I limit my calories. And really big people who aren't even overweight have to spend more on food. Do you see how ridiculous your comment is? This is some serious first world problems shit. Oh no, you are short and slender, it's so unfair you can't eat as much as someone twice your size! Do you complain about having to pee more of you drink as much water as a giant construction worker out in the summer heat?

@dawn16 You missed the point. It is so little food that many of us are still often hungry. Some of us just want more pleasure. So how about you run along now and get your male non-petite butt out of a petite women’s space. Not every problem needs to be solved. Sometimes you just hold hands with your sisters and say, “Yeah, it sucks. I hear ya,” and the solidarity is encouraging. You don’t have to understand it. I don’t understand why people waste their time watching professional football or playing video games and I chose to not engage about those topics because I’m ignorant about them. Word to the wise, ignorance is a good reason to not enter a conversation and show it off.

@dawn16 Some of us are hungry! I could EASILY eat 2,000 calories a day and I would be comfortable (or maybe have some wiggle room for a treat now and then). My BMR is…wait for it…955 calories a day. RMR is 1214. So yeah, if I want to share with my fellow shorties that this can be a challenge and sometimes a drag, and it would be great to, you know, just eat a normal meal once in a while without making allowances for it, I think that’s more than reasonable.

@dawn16 “Too much food” ha! Who designated you the arbiter of how hungry we SHOULD be or how much food we SHOULD want to enjoy? Care to share with the group any other tips about how our bodies feel and what we should want?

@dawn16 You clearly cannot relate to this issue. Why invade a space for petite women just to invalidate our feelings and talk about how things can be worse? This space is not for you. Tons of men complain about not being able to get their dicks up. I'm not gonna tell them this is a first world problem and they shouldn't complain about that because people are starving in this world. People have a right to vent about what they are going through without people comparing their problem with other problems. This is not the negative experience Olympics.

@johnjs37 Seriously!! I also gained 20 lbs quickly due to the health stuff. I’m 30 lbs over what I want to be but I can’t seem to lose any weight because I love food and portions are so hard. I’m always hungry!

@johnjs37 In my case I'm 5'3, if I don't exercise the calories for lose weight are 1350 and 1600 for maintenance.
And as I lose weight the number of calories required also decreases.
If I want to eat +2000 I have to work out almost every day

@johnjs37 I feel your pain. I love food and my body legitimately has no limit. I've never eaten "so much" that I puked because I can always eat more. I'm never full. Binging is never painful for me at all, and I can eat like any man. I love food so much! But I know binging is unhealthy and that my body shouldn't take in so many calories.

SO I just exercise more. 8hrs of cycling guarantees I can eat a large portion size, so that's my personal solution. I try not to binge on those days by eating more often throughout the day, but I definitely eat a LOT on the days I have a long ride. A big portion size is my favorite reward, more than a cheat meal, and that's what motivates me to ride. If I didn't like cross-country cycling, I'd definitely be obese.

Back