Frustrated over being very fat.

@ms7dc I heard dedication beats motivation every day. I think of that phrase when I’m also trying to ‘receive motivation’ which sometimes my body doesn’t do!

@ms7dc Motivation is a desire/impetus to do something (lose weight/get healthy) while dedication is the commitment/perseverance to stay on course with the behaviors(weighing/counting calories/walking/not buying junk food) to reach the goal.

Motivation: “Wow. I’d love to look like Captain America”

Dedication: commitment to the process of proper diet/sleep/progressive overload using a proven training regimen to achieve the Captain America goal.

@mrsmac0324 Exactly! Also just like… do I feel motivated to go the gym always? Like it’s an overwhelming desire? No absolutely not, many times I want to just scroll Reddit 😂 Hence not relying on more fleeting “motivation” feelings and instead being dedicated to my health.

@ms7dc Clean eating, high protein and watching calories -keep yourself in a calorie deficit. Get your full nights sleep (critical for managing your hunger cues / energy). See where that takes you after 2 months and if that does not work, well, def see a doctor.

@momta4blessed Yea, I’ve got big sleep problems. Had them prior to being fat. Yes, OSA, but I had OSA this prior to being fat and even when I was skinny OSA was bad. Plumbing issue I think. Getting treatment -CPAP/inspire-still hit or miss.

@ms7dc Eat less calories than you burn. It literally is as simple as that. If you do it just eating junk, your health will suffer.

Get good nutrition and stay at a calorie deficit.

@ms7dc Working out will do very little for losing weight.

Diet is everything. For me keto and intermittent fasting worked. But just counting calories will work wonders, as you’ll become aware where all your calories come from. Substituting some stuff with lower calorie stuff might be a good place to start.

@ms7dc Be in a calories deficit, it's that simple. Weigh and track all your food and 6 months from now you'll probably look like a completely different person.

@ms7dc Getting a coach to turn the desire into a lifestyle change + habit is super helpful.

Prioritize protein. Weigh food in grams and track it.

Move weights, don't just do cardio. Muscles are hungry and are the best thing to effectively deal with insulin resistance.

LISS cardio is best.

Do cardio after weights if you're doing them same day for maximum weight loss results.

@ms7dc What’s there to be frustrated about? Maybe it’s not the typical feel good message, but it’s your fault. You’re eating too many calories, just start tracking how many calories your burn and eat and make sure you’re not eating more than you burn… that’s it. Don’t get frustrated, make a plan and follow through. Getting your cardio good is much much harder than losing weight.

@ms7dc Don’t use the M word (motivation), it’s bullshit and if you rely on some magic external force to help you achieve your goals you won’t get there. I know it’s goofy to quote Yoda but that shriveled little puppet was wise “do or do not, there is no try” the only way to get your diet in check is to get your diet in check, you seem like you know what to do, just starting doing it. First today, then tomorrow, then for 10 days straight, then 30 days. Next thing you know you’ll get there.

@ms7dc “Diet sucks. Need to change that. Am in the process of doing so. “

This will fix the whole thing. That’s not to say it’s easy, or even a static thing. My experience has been slow cycles.

We can only take calorie restriction for so long the same way we can only push so long on hard workouts before something gives out. We get sick, injured, or weaker. Cycling restriction with times of higher intake I feel have helped me recharge and go again. Build muscle, then lose fat. Repeat.

This will manifest in frustrations too. Irritability. That’s been my guide along with aches and pains or slow recoveries. Eat more. Sleep more. Get sugar and cortisol out of your diet.

There’s also arcs of cravings or appetites. Trying to make good choices over the long term. Including indulging. Listening to these signals from my body while trying to keep the macros right. Cooking and flavor is fun!

Back