Frustrated about body size and TDEE

@johnjs37 Most people don't understand this. They're like "Oh but short people don't need as many calories." That doesn't mean a tiny amount of food is filling for me! I'm not a child, I have the same appetite as other adults. I have a child-size body but an adult-size appetite. It's like people expect us to feel full after just a few bites of food, like a 6-year-old.

@johnjs37 it’s fine when i’m alone and cooking at home

but it is really frustrating when it comes to social events/ going out etc

like i don’t have the wiggle room to have a couple cocktails at a bar every weekend or a couple high calorie hors derves at an event

the burger and fries is often more than my daily calories so even one meal out with omad is too much

@johnjs37 I tried MacroFactor after stalling at 180 lbs for 3 months and it set me at a new limit of 800 cal/day, much lower than the -normal- recommended. I finally started losing weight. :/ 5'1" btw.

I think the frustrating part us how easily you can meet that goal in one meal without trying. I can do OMAD no problem, but yes in company, especially at work or with friends, having to refuse shared food and offerings because you already met your limit for the day gets exhausting.

@johnjs37 I don't get that sad about it. No one in life is dealt a perfect hand.

There could be far worse crosses to bear.

And I'm not trying to be mean....but victim mentality type thinking will rob you of the joy from the positive traits you do have.

Abundance thinking. There are some great things about being petite. I honestly love being flat chested (non a petite thing, but turning a normal negative to a positive) maybe you have great hair or skin?

That said, I run 30+ miles a week, swim a few times, walk my dog and have a job on my feet.

At nearly 50 I am 5', 130 lbs with a ton of muscle and eat at least 2500 calories a day.

Part of it is to eat a lot t. Thats actuallu how my lifestyle started (in my early 30s) but now its because how it makes me feel.

@johnjs37 Every. Single. Day.

And honestly, the serving size being based on 2000 cal, and all that is sexism.

At least where I live in the US, the average woman is 5’3”. Average. That means lots of women are shorter than that.

Furniture, counter height, vehicles, looooots of things are not designed for women even though we make up half the population.

Don’t even get me started on pharmaceuticals testing.

Back