GIRLS WHO LIFT: What were your lift numbers after 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and 2 years lifting?

Progress is usually not linear. Thank you for sharing :) it’s important and critical that we exercise mindfully in the way that is right for our bodies at any given stage in our lives.

@andy1993 5'1", 145lbs, 41 years old.

Started: squat - bar (45lb), deadlift - 95lbs, bench - bar (45lb) barely

Not sure where I was at 3 months, but I had my first powerlifting meet at 6 months and I hit 85kg squat (187lb), 105kg deadlift (231lb), 45kg bench (99lbs). Bench was not my max, though. I fell apart on form due to nerves and lack of confidence.

That was about three weeks ago. I switched to 3x week bench and changed up my form. Yesterday I did 90lb for ten solid reps, so that seems to be going well.

@andy1993 Started crossfit about a year ago. 5'5 and 160-170 lbs (I don't know, I threw out my scale a year ago).

I don't have starting numbers because I suck at tracking them. They are all 1 rep max's.

Powerclean was 95 last March. I hit 145 earlier this week.
Deadlift is around 240 but haven't checked recently and I don't know what it was initially.
Snatch is 90 lbs (le sigh)
Clean and jerk is 115
Front squat 165
Back squat is higher than front but I can't remember how much.

@andy1993 I lost my data when my phone died, so I can give you my start and (almost) one year.

5’2” sw 140 cw 145, down 3” on waist, one pant size, and 1 band and cup size.

Exercise/start/current

Chest press 0/110
Bench press 0/130
Squat 90/230
Pull-ups couldn’t even hang, now 2 full pull-ups and pull-up assist at 20lbs
Pushups 0/8 chest all the way to the ground and back up, on toes, but 30 meh pushups

I’ve been all over the place in my training. In September I started a recomp, and will continue through the new year. In January I’ll do a cut to hopefully bring me somewhere around 135 and lean.

@andy1993 5'6, 124 lbs. (weight has been steady, I'm queen of maintenance) I've been doing lifting focus workouts for I guess 2 years now but with fuckarounditis. The most I've squatted is possibly 115, deadlift 150, and bench is 70 (all lbs).

I had issues with ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids and had surgery in September (which was amazing because I have no pain now - which means I'm not taking a shit ton of ibuprofen every few weeks) so I decided to get back into lifting with strong curves, glutes only program. I'm on the 4th week of the 1st month so the only barbell exercise I'm doing right now are glute bridges. I'm actually quite happy to start again and build up strength slowly. I don't think I'll be deadlifting for 9 more weeks from now, curious to see where am at.

@andy1993 I have been working out for about 7 months now.

Deadlifts: 250
Back squat: 190 (so close to getting 195 and higher)
Front squat: 165
Bench: 95
Push-press: 100
No idea what my strict press is

I've only been doing Oly for a few months and still learning technique:
Clean/jerk: 110
Snatch: 75

@andy1993 I’m not quite 3 months in to consistently lifting 2 times a week. I don’t do all the typical power lifts and I don’t know one rep maxes but right now I’m doing 2 sets of 12 reps of 50lb chest press and 2x 12 reps at 60lb for straight leg dead lift. Those are my two most consistent lifts.

@andy1993 5'3 117lbs. I don't know 3/6/12 month numbers, but I am about 2 years into lifting as consistently as my schedule allows. I travel for work and tend to do a lot of yoga, dumbbell workouts and running because that is what I have access to at hotels.

I started out with the bar for squat, bench and deadlift. I haven't tested my max weight for a while for my working weight for 3x5 are S:135, B: 90, DL 150. These aren't impressive by any means but I've had months where I didn't even have a gym membership or a gym with no barbels. My bodyweight has remained pretty consistent within 3-5lbs. I have much more visible muscle and definition now.

@andy1993 I’ve done some lifting before, but I’m 3 months into focusing consistently on powerlifting. I weigh 155 and squat 155, DL 195, OHP 75, bench 80 (bench is lagging for me because of recovery from a relatively recent chest surgery)

@andy1993 All estimates, I don’t remember exactly.

3 months: 85 bench, 120~130 squat and 165~170 deadlift

3 years: 135 bench, 245 squat and 265 deadlift. Not sure about the deadlift though it really depends on how much I’ve rested.

Upper body strength is pretty pathetic but I’m sill stronger than most other women I know.

Currently 5’11” and about 170 lbs. My weight fluctuates a lot for me though, I weighed 183 on an empty stomach two weeks ago. And a few weeks before that I was closer to 167.
It’s also worth noting that I don’t really care about the weight I put up. As long as I feel a strong contraction, the bar feels heavy, and my legs/butt get bigger, I don’t care about the numbers at all.

@andy1993 Hi I'm 5'8 180. I started lifting about 9 month ago. Started with 95lb squat, 65lb bench, 90lb weird ass deadlift that was like an rdl/standard, unsafe deadlift mess. I'm currently at 215ish squat, 140ish bench, 225ish deadlift. I slowed my progression down over the summer when I started using a powerlifting trainer and we spent two months with minimal weight on the bar, just focusing on form.

I was a shotputter in high school and most of our training was powerlifting, so I had a good concept of squat and bench press. I also spent the year and a half just prior to lifting losing 80 odd pounds. The core strength I'd gained and the mobility work I'd done gave me a huge advantage when I picked up the bar. Since the period when I was just doing form, my weights have gone up very quickly.

I am registering for my first meet in February and I'm aiming for 225 squat 150 bench and 265 deadlift. Deadlift is a reach and my weakest lift.

@andy1993 33, 5'7" sw: ~115lbs, cw: 131lbs. from beginning 3 years ago to today, no coach, no "goals" really, I never really charted anything, I want just "improvement" as a goal (for now):

squat - 65 lbs -> 160 lbs

deadlift - 75 lbs -> 215 lbs

bench (very rarely do) - bar -> 75 lbs (i greatly prefer dumbbell bench press, i do 40 lb dumbbells)

hip thrust (only 2 years) - 40 lbs -> 245 lbs

pushups- 0 -> 20 in a row

pull ups - 0 -> 7 in a row (bw)

dips - 0 -> 10 (bw)

@andy1993 My lifting experience hasnt been consecutive.
Lifted for 6 months back in 2016, took a long 2 year break, started back up again this March and have been at it for 9 months now. So you could say cumulatively I'm about a year in. I'm 5'5, 118 lbs.

Currently squatting 130 4x6;
Benching 70 5x5, probably 6 reps on a good day;
Deadlifting... I honestly stopped doing deadlifts due to fear of injury but last time i did them a few months ago I was able to sumo 145 1x8 or 9

@andy1993 Height 5'4 weight was around 150 lb. These are estimates.

Start: empty bar on everything.

6 months: 100 lb squat, 75 lb bench, 65 lbs OHP, 100 lbs deadlifts

1 year: 150 lb squat, 95 lb bench, 75 lbs OHP, 150 lb dead lift

Honestly I didnt care about quickly increasing those numbers, i wanted to focus on good form and avoiding injuries. Sadly I took an uh... 3-4 month break and I'm back at my 6 month weights haha oops

@andy1993 I don’t have those exact numbers but here is my timeline:

~3 months (Fall 2015) squat 95 lbsx5, deadlift 150x5 lbs, bench I forget tbh

~9 months (Spring 2016) squat 150 lbsx5, bench 95 lbsx5, deadlift I took a long hiatus off bc I kept throwing my back out due to bad form :(

~1.5 years (Fall/Winter 2016): squat 165 lbsx5, bench 105 lbsx5, deadlift 180 lbsx5

~2 years (Spring 2017) numbers stayed the same or dropped ~ 10lbs because I started to focus more on running/half marathon training, but I hit my first 200 lbsx1 deadlift around this time

Fall 2018 is when I began powerlifting seriously

Present day (Fall 2018) squat 240 lbsx1, Bench 160 lbsx1, Deadlift 280 lbsx1 and looking to increase them more!

@andy1993 I don't have all my numbers,

5ft 5.5in/6 in ( 167 centimeters)

I used to be a skinny mini at like 145 (65kg) during high school and I couldn't bench but like 45 (20 kg) pounds.

I'm 22 now (same height but a less dangerously skinny 170lbs- 77kg) and throughout my "lifting career" I have made leaps and bounds in my progress. In the late winter/ early spring, my deadlift topped out at 135 (61kg), my bench was 95 (43) and other such numbers.

My most recent maxes have been 225lbsx3 (102kg) for deadlift (after warming up with 135, 155, 185 and 205 for 5-15 reps each), so that means I could go probably to 240 (108kg) for a 1 rep or higher. I only do conventional. My bench is now 135 for 2 reps, so if I had a spotter I could probably do 140 with no issue for 1 rep. I have other numbers but I think the most impressive is once I stopped killing myself with running I was able to build muscle and now I can do 8 pullups for 1 set, 5-8 for the second set, and 3-5 for the next 3 sets. That's what I'm proudest of. Once I can deadlift 450 conventional, or even 350 honestly (sumo I hurt my hip so I can't do that anymore) I'll really be proud. But the pullups I'm proud of, and once I'm at like 160 for bench I'll be just chuffed (sorry looking up all the kilograms made me wanna use a non american word).

I don't use test or anything, and I don't use a belt to count my maxes, if I hit a max with a belt on I don't count it.

@andy1993 Im 5"4 and I weighed 67kg.

I started September 10th this year and I've worked my way up to 65kg squat and deadlift but I'm not progressing at the overhead press and can only do 20kg.

Sorry I go off kg not pounds cause I'm British. I still weigh roughly the same but I've gone from a UK size 14 trouser to a 10/12.