Gym employee hit on me and asked for my number.. do I mention how uncomfortable that makes me to a different manager?

@markvs Definitely tell another manager, or whoever is above him if you can! There is a difference between being friendly and being creepy, and this guy definitely seems creepy!

The gym I go to is owned by a couple of young guys. They talk and joke around with everyone who comes in, but I’ve never seen them corner anyone ever trying to ask them out, nor have I seen it from the managers or trainers.

I would make sure there are people around you next time you are working out there, just in case someone needs to step in. It’s sad that as women we have to deal with this, but what are you going to do 🤷🏼‍♀️

@markvs As a gym owner, I 100% would want to know if my employee was using my business as a dating service because that’s not the environment I want my clients to have to deal with.

Please let the gym management know. Everyone should have a gym environment where they feel free to work out without being harassed or hit on. He’s being paid to supervise for safety, possibly sell training services or maybe clean up the space, not hit you up for your digits.

@dreamer6424 You’d be surprised. I have left more than 2 gyms because of issues like this, other members (men) who could not stop staring at women, issues that I was not comfortable telling the owners about - because of how the owners presented themselves. In one case, a guy did all this in front of the owner. So i just left instead. Was very nice to read an owner saying they actually want to know about it. In my experience most gym owners like to say that don’t want that at their gym, but what they actually mean is that they don’t want to deal with it at their gym if it happens.

@dreamer6424 Good on you for being a great owner.

There are few things more frustrating than people who lack self awareness and inappropriately ask other people out in public settings. Anyway, you have a cute username, want to go out sometime?

@dreamer6424 No problem!

Also, lmfao I’m going to have to add that one to my repertoire. Thank you!

(Also it took all my strength not to add an /s to the original comment. Sometimes shitty comedy requires courage, though.)

@loveisgod7788 It reminded me of a client I had a year or so ago. Young guy, in his mid 20s, who for some reason thought I was in to him. Answer: not so much. I work with guys who have amazing athletic ability who have “smoking hot bodies” and egos to match allllll the time. Dime a dozen, really.

One day, he walks up to me and says “you’re really not into me? I look like a younger version of (my husband who also works out at the gym.)”

“Nope, not into you. I mean, yeah, you look similar but he held himself with a confidence he rightly deserved and I think that’s probably the big difference.” I walked away.

At the end of the session (and after another client explained to him what I’d said) he came up to me an apologized.

@dreamer6424 So..... To be clear....

A client of yours not only knew you were married, but knew who your husband was, and still had the balls to assume you were into him? That is some level of self confidence right there. Wow.

@exoregonsoldier I'm not sure there's a thing a client could do at this point that would surprise me, but being hit on when guys have met my husband and he's in the building doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore.

Back