Hot take: ladies, is dating getting difficult after doing CrossFit?

@royblizzard I am a guy, and my last 3 serious relationships have been with competitive female bodybuilders who compete in womens physique division. One is an ifbb pro, and the other two are at the national npc level.
I am currently single and would definalty consider dating a crossfit chick. Find a man who will support and encourage you to be as muscular as you want.

@royblizzard I am 54 and started CF at 53. Best. Shape. Of. My. Life. That’s when i met my person, my soulmate. I am 5’3, 117 and it leaned me out and changed my body like nothing else. Been a competitive runner my whole life…until i couldn’t. Best thing for my psyche and bod. I was afraid I’d get too muscular…my 26 and 30yo daughters said i was in better shape than them and had legs to die for…tone down your weight your lifting if you don’t want to be so muscular. I told my coaches i didn’t want to get big.

@royblizzard Male perspective, it's just a male ego thing. It might be ingrained from whoever taught them females shouldn't be built. Best way I can describe that, is how "blue is for boys, pink is for girls" but if I wear a pink shirt and some dude is like haaaaaa pink! Well, I just stare at them and see through their fragile ego

I absolutely hate the cliché saying "you're looking for boys you need a man" but really they need maturity.

Also, you only said they seem intimidated, but do they stop talking to you because of it? Also, what kind of dates are these?

If you've got something to offer and an intriguing personality, all will fall into place.

@royblizzard Well now I want to see these forearms.. Sounds like you need to tone down the agression, it might send the wrong message or intimidate people. Nothing wrong with getting help for possible PTSD from your military experience.

@royblizzard Lol you threw in that you're a veteran for a reason as if its a contributing factor to you not being successful in dating.. god forbid I critique a women. Also I work with a ton of SF dudes fucked up from the war and they're all on wife #2 or 3. And they need help from what they've seen/done.

@royblizzard I have the opposite experience, although I am not as strong as you. I’m 5’4 140 lbs. I can DL about 200 max and back squat 180 (if not more). I’m muscular, but I’m not jacked like the women who would qualify for the games.

I have men asking me all the time if I’m a body builder and I look great. I can tell some get a little insecure if they’re not in shape, so it gets hard in the sense that I’m not always approached.

I also struggle with dating because sometimes it interferes with my workout schedule. Especially if they spend the night because I like to workout in the morning.

@royblizzard It’s funny because as a male, when someone asks my type and they’re referring to physical appearance I always say, “my favorite body type is the CrossFit woman.” There’s nothing more attractive than a woman who is strong and able to kill those workouts.

@royblizzard I don’t see why doing CrossFit would be a turnoff. You don’t have to tell them. FWIW I think dating has just generally gotten more difficult from what I’ve heard. A lot of people disconnected from in-person interaction during the pandemic and failed to reconnect. Social media and dating apps have really fucked with the tapestry of healthy human interactions. I’m not dating but I have had a hell of a time making meaningful new friends since the pandemic.

@royblizzard 42M here, I can say that I’ve been attracted to CrossFit ladies and the more muscular build since I got into the sport. It’s great being able to share your passion with a partner and push each other to improve.

Back