I want to strict press 32kg

@hcwewvcw02 Not really. The thing is, no matter what balanced workouts you do, one side will always be stronger. It's a matter of strengthening the weak part to match the current weight you want to press with your right.

In short: Keep (push) pressing.

@hcwewvcw02 Push press with isometrics, and slow eccentrics

Not on the same set.

Maybe tie something that weighs 5kg onto your other kettlebell and do some training with 25kg?

@hcwewvcw02 Just no. .

Work your way up.

Try the Outer Limits Protocol for heavy singles.

But thats a huge jump.... Literally almost double the bell.

Can you do hammer presses or bottoms up presses?

https://kbmuscle.com/blog/f/building-a-strong-kb-grip-strength-control-and-alternatives

Even if you could press 20 plus times in a row with the 20kg it might not be possible to press the 32. It's totally different weight vs muscle endurance. .

Work on stability of the shoulder, push presses, overhead holds, tempo , different Ranges with the 20kg. Trust tape a 5 or 10 lb plate or two to your 20kg to progress.

What about using a resistance band even if it's thin or light and working your way up with those they don't cost much

@hcwewvcw02 I mean I love z presses but it still doesn't make it any tougher for your shoulder. Just the body position. .

But definitely do it. It is something that is challenging In several ways.

@hcwewvcw02 Can you push press it?

Do it 2 handed, then assist to 1 hand, then progressively less pushed press

It's not ideal, but don't see why it can't work eventually

@hcwewvcw02 I think one of the major issues is the nature of the kettlebell, it's much easier to tack on weights and make jumps on barbells, but you don't have to stabilize barbells as much, with kbs the whole body needs to get stronger, everything from your grip, your core, everything.

There's some good advice here, it's mostly just letting your body become really accustomed to the 32kg weight in every way possible that you can do before actually strict pressing the weight overhead, i.e. lots of 2H swings, 1H swings, cheat cleans, cleans, goblet squats, eventually jerks and push presses, etc.

Back