My extremely weird workout split that worked wonders for me

@kent1956 Looks like an insane amount of volume per session, not something I would try or recommend, I think you could probably cut the amount of sets in half easily and still get a pretty hardcore workout.

But if you're healthy, happy and making progress then you're winning for sure.

@petalpusher Not even just injuries, but burnout in general, too. I imagine most people could progress just for a few weeks with this plan without hitting a wall and having performance seriously struggle!

@jeandemetz Yeah, my question was what were his numbers when he started this routine? An intense full body workout 4 days a week with a day of recovery in between is wild. If it were me, I’d be sore the day of recovery and like 70% on the following day full of the same workouts, pushing the SAME weight I was pushing last workout? A day rest and back again without being 100%, my body would continue to lift less and less until I’d need to take a few days off. I wonder what his 2-3 rep maxes are and how he can maintain the same impressive weight every workout with a day of rest. If I were doing this I’d have to alternate between moderate-heavy and light days to make it possible. He’s insane for being able to do that.

@kent1956 Thanks! That's what I was thinking when I read through the volume. That's a long workout 4x week, it wouldn't work for my schedule. But there have been times in my life where it would. Whatever works, keep it up man - your numbers are crazy high for natty.

@fatalfantasy Thanks man, I’m self employed which is why I can do it comfortably. I think if I worked a 9-5 it wouldn’t work because I wouldn’t be able to eat whenever or get as much sleep which makes a huge difference. I also don’t do cardio on my days off like I used to which added a lot more lifting stamina.

@fatalfantasy I'm curious though, because I hit those numbers. Don't underestimate natty potential! Oh but volume wise, yeah I'm with you. Recovery would be a bitch. Must be living on BCAAs lol.

@dawn16 We're all different, I've made a lot of progress in the past three years and continue to push myself - the past year my progress has been very slow (but still progress). We all have different genetic limits. I'm enjoying pushing myself, and the routine is fantastic for my mental health, but we all have different genetic limits, T levels, etc. and that's ok.