Recommended Routine COMPLETE demonstration video by FitnessFAQs

milliekeeling23

I noticed there is no single comprehensive video demonstrating every warmup, skill and strength exercise for the Recommended Routine (RR). There is now.

Recommended Routine Demo Video

The bodyweight fitness community has been universally supportive of my work over the years and I figured I’d give back to the community. I hope my reach on YouTube brings a few new faces to the forum and gets more involved in the RR.

Time Stamps:
Hopefully you all find the demonstration video I put together valuable.

@milliekeeling23 I know that many people have requested something like this time and time again over the years. It's very nice to see that you took the time to put this together and I thank you very much for having done so.

Hopefully the mods will ensure that this gets put into the FAQ in the appropriate sections. The time-stamped links will make it easy to link specific exercise movements to the corresponding parts of your video.

I think the best thing about this is that it's going to be available in time for all of the new-comers we'll get with New Year's Resolutions to start working out. Having a video tutorial may help more people to stick with it.

@neptune4 Hi /@neptune4/, I just analyzed your comment history and found that you are a super positive commenter! Congratulations! view results - Ranked #1699 of 66601 - I took the liberty of commenting here because you are an extreme outlier in the Reddit commenter community. Thanks for your contribution to this Reddit comment sentiment analyzation project. You can learn the ranking of any reddit user by mentioning my username along with the username of the Redditor you wish to analyze in a comment. Example: /@cleoi/ /@wizz/

@stephaniethomps Don't worry man, I had the same idea as well. When you come out with your video, it will be neat. And when I come out with mine, it will be neat. We all have different ways of instructing and presenting things. It's nice we have the luxury of Daniel here demonstrating all the exercises with perfect form. The more the merrier! And this inspired me to put this higher on the priority list.

@fromgenesistorevelation Having a voice over or even describing the movements as you go a long the exercises would be something different you can add in yours, what muscles to engage, etc. Form is most definitely important and like he said the, "newbies of the future" may try and rush the process and could lead to injury.
Love your videos btw!

@stephaniethomps I think it would be good for you to continue working on your own video(s). It can be very helpful to hear and see things explained by different people with different perspectives. If you have your own suggestions on how to deal with certain common pitfalls, or help with alternative transitions/progressions for various basic exercises, people can really gain an awful lot from it.

Whenever I look something up online I always prefer to find at least 2 sources. When it comes to looking up something I need to know for calisthenics, I prefer to watch several videos, or read several posts or articles, all from different people. I like to get different perspectives on things. This lets me absorb more information and I can sort of look at "What do all of these people agree on? OK. Then I should definitely focus on that!"

"Where do these people have slight or major disagreements? OK. I should take that into consideration."

Then I can do my best and try, and not be afraid to experiment and learn for myself.

I always feel that I'm much more informed when I get different sources or perspectives to consider.

@milliekeeling23 Damn dude, nice fucking work. I think your refinement of some of the progressions is a good addition for people who get stuck. Great work!

Also, your taste in music is fucking mint. I recall hearing The Schism by Haywyre in one of you videos, and the track here is Feint's Words. The intro, at least.

@milliekeeling23 Wow. This is really inspiring. I've been thinking about getting into the BWF routine. Did you get as to your size with BWF alone? Do you do additional weight training? I can't really afford a gym membership and don't have the space to dedicate to much equipment.

Not the OP, but there are plenty of people out there that get totally shredded with body-weight only (or mostly) routines. Just check out gymnastics competition! Huge dudes who can do splits and got there by playing (hard) on rings and bars!

The one exception to this is many BWF folks eventually add weighted pullups, weighted dips, and barbell squats/deadlifts to routines. Especially for the back and legs, it can be hard to replace barbell work with equally intense bodyweight-only movements. However, it might be awhile before you need to find (or buy) access to a squat rack!

@milliekeeling23 Holy shit this is awesome, it took me a while to sorta learn how to do each of these a year ago and now that i want to restart the routine this looks great for motivation. Thanks a lot, would give gold if i could afford it, have some karma instead.