Will 50 pushups a day make a noticeable difference?

@lucyt25 Please follow a reasonable training program instead of doing this. If you do a push exercise you should at least also do a pull exercise. Also, to train effectively you should come close to muscular failure, which you wont by just doing the same exercise the same number of times. It is way more efficient to do a few reps of a hard exercise than to do a lot of reps of an easy exercise.

@lucyt25 50 push-ups a day for the rest of your life will increase your overall health & happiness and help control your stress levels. It’s not just about pecs, but about your core and wrist strength too. I can only do 20 max, but when I started, I could barely do 5. I do them with my kids before bed and we usually all end up laughing. Taking care of your physical and mental health is number one, so you just keep on keeping on!!

@lucyt25 I think it will definitely set you up for better gains. My chest definitely became fuller and more defined when I started doing pushups daily.

That said, I wouldn't break down your rep ranges ahead of time. Instead of saying 10x5, try to do as many pushups per set as you can - go to failure until you hit 50 total. The ideal would be that, over time, you eventually improve to the point that you can do all 50 in a single go. I did the same thing to the point where I could bang out 60 in one set, and at that point I decided to move over to weighted exercises.