“A woman shouldn’t be doing an Arnold split.”

jimjam

I recently started an Arnold split after some advice from Reddit to mix up my six day PPL. So far I love it and I will admit it’s a lot of volume.

I’m not a moron and know Arnold uses steroids to achieve success. I’m not trying to look like him!

I was in another forum and asked if anyone does an Arnold split and a man answered (it is a female group but he owns it or whatever) and said he’d never recommend it for a woman, women shouldn’t be doing it, and I asked why. He said because Arnold is on steroids and I lack testosterone.

While I get that’s true, is it true that women/I shouldn’t be doing it? I am enjoying it despite the time it takes.

Thanks.

Edit: wow, thank you so much for all your messages! It is funny because the only response on here that agrees with him was from a guy.

Also, for those who asked if anyone else wants to know, this is a Facebook group exclusively for women but run by a man. I expected women to respond.

And just something a little funny… I posted a question if anyone does an Arnold split in an every gender group, and the women were supportive or doing it and the men were against it.

Is this real life 2024?

@jimjam Haha what?? 🤦🤦That's so stupid, everyone's different. Don't matter if you're a woman or man, do what works for you. Please don't waste your energy on unconstructive nonsense 😁

@jimjam I started doing Arnold Presses every week and I’ve never felt better with my shoulders

Keep doing it! It’s a great exercise!

About the dude: When a man opens his mouth about what u can do as a woman just walk away.

2024, lmao.

@jimjam Actually, if the program is designed for someone on steroids there are probably better programs out there for natural lifters. The guy basing he’s recommendation on gender or sex is just patriarchy, but that doesn’t mean it’s a great program to follow either unless you’re planning to take gear.

@dog_nurse There aren’t programs designed specifically for those on gear. Building muscle is about progressive overload. Taking gear enhances the results. But the overall process is basically the same.

@valthor That’s fundamentally not true. Gear helps you recover faster by enhancing protein synthesis — and a bunch of other stuff I’m not gonna type out here. At a basic level, individuals can handle more volume and progress much faster while using steroids, and so their programming, while based on progressive overload, will look different. There’s a reason natural bodybuilders don’t train the same way IFBB pros do. It just doesn’t make sense.

@dog_nurse I don’t disagree but I would like to give it a try based on some feedback from people who have done it. Just want to change things up a bit. It’s been fun so far.

@jimjam
I was in another forum and asked if anyone does an Arnold split and a man answered (it is a female group but he owns it or whatever) and said he’d never recommend it for a woman, women shouldn’t be doing it, and I asked why. He said because Arnold is on steroids and I lack testosterone.

Sounds like he owns/runs the forum so he can control how women work out. There is no actual basis for his comment except sexism/misogyny.

Back