1,000 Pull-ups In 1 Day For Charity

@pray_daily Would they really get that ripped? Doesn't the body get pretty used to doing the same thing over time and the exercise becomes less effective at gains? I don't know; I'm legitimately asking.

@nicholaskaster I think even 100 pull-ups an hour would be quite difficult for the normal person. Assuming you were eating correctly, you would definitely gain considerable hypertrophy and endurance.

You would also likely injure yourself with such a repetitive workout so often. Our connective tissue really doesn't enjoy repetitive shit like this day after day.

@nicholaskaster Not in 30 days. If you do it in 60 days, then I would concern about the body getting used to it. Also, you likely won't do the same pattern for 30 days. If you can do 5 reps per set now, by the end of the 30 days, hopefully you can do 7-10 reps per set. So you will constantly push yourself.

I just finished 100 pushups a day for 30 days, and I see a huge difference, mainly because I had no muscles before. If you already have good muscles, you won't see much different.

@nicholaskaster I think this is spot on. You would get better at pullups but doubt you would see much muscle increase. *at least not as much as you would if you did 100 pullups ever other or 3rd day for a few months.

@nicholaskaster I mean, as ripped as anyone can get within 30 days without roids. Realistically, grease-the-groove would be the best way to accomplish this—20 pull-ups every hour on the hour till you hit 200. There was a dude that did something roughly 150~250 (I forget the exact number) pushups a day every day for a month in a similar fashion just to see what would happen. He still maintained his regular split alongside it, just with way less pushing volume, since he was doing push-ups all day. There was a very noticeable size increase in his chest and shoulders at the end of it. Also bumped his push-up max by like 40 reps.

@pray_daily I once did 100 pulls ups a day for 30 days like that guy on Buzzfeed did. I didn’t notice any physical difference but pull ups have been easier ever since.

@pray_daily You would get better at pullups but I doubt you would see much muscle increase. This is way too many reps for hypertrophy (muscle mass gain). Part of the muscle building process is the recovery. If you were to do this much work with no recovery, it would be hard to build muscle. Pending a good diet you could probably lose weight and look more defined though.

@bevan77 I ended up raising $2,329. Here is a link to the fundraiser page that goes over the background story and everything. https://give.nationwidechildrens.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1476463&pg=personal&fr_id=1420

This fundraiser was actually part of a larger one that is run through the Nationwide Children's Hospital Marathon. My main driver for fundraising was running the half marathon. I originally started running this race while my son was in the NICU. I was going through alot and needed an outlet. Never running more than a 5k before I trained for the full marathon in 9'ish weeks (it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done). Ever since then I have ran the half (the past 3 years)