7 months into lifting, feeling like I'm not doing good enough.

@cleannie You've been loosing a lot of weight. Its hard to have massive progress while cutting.

If you are getting stronger i would expect results over time. If not, find another program.

@jcreigns That's true, because I was starting I still seen significant weekly increases in my lifts it's just slowing down a bit so I probably just have to eat a bit more as others have stated

@cleannie Compare yourself to only yourself. It will take long time to progress.
I was on a plateau with my ohp for 4 months and it wasn't until everything hit plateau I realized to take some time off. 1 week of pure rest and changed from doing ohp twice to week to just doing it once made me to start progressing again.

I'm doing my own program so I'm playing by the ear... not the greatest choice as a newbie. BUT at least I know what I need to do when I start to plateau next time.
So point being, listeb to your body. Sometimes doing less achieves more in a long run

@fbrooks83 That's true, I had a deload week when I got covid a few weeks back although it isn't really a deload week if your already sick I guess. I've kind of tweaked something in my right shoulder/side arm area and noticed it in my upper session today so now may be a good time to atleast take next week off even the upper sessions to recover.

@supersr True, its hard to tell I lift in clothing especially since I wear oversized shirts a lot. I've had compliments on my weight loss but not muscle gain, I suppose it's only been the last few months I've upped my calorie intake so I can't expect to see results so soon on the muscle gain side of things

@cleannie When i look at my old pictures since i started lifting i'd say i saw good results (far from desired!) after 5-6 years of training. But i'd be honest, i've made probably every single training/ dieting mistake there is :D

@supersr I suppose if you don't make mistakes you'll never learn from it which is part of the process! I guess we are always chasing our pump which is a sad reality lol

@mbch Thanks, I probably do need atleast a minimum of 3k to gain. I tend to eat these healthy ready meals that are only 600cal for lunch and dinner and they have ~40g protein per meal then I have a shake in the morning with oats, PB, whey, milk, banan etc and it's usually ~800-1000cal. Then I have a few snacks inbetween like protein yogurts. Seems like a real struggle to try and get 3k in unless I add in a few bags of crisps or something lol

@cleannie For what it's worth I would get your testosterone levels checked. I spun my wheels for years. The crazy part is I knew I had low T but my then primary care doctor told me it was fine. I had a level of 200ng/dl which is the very bottom of a normal range. I saw another doctor who put me on hormone replacement therapy and now I'm not longer spinning my wheels.

@dawn16 Interesting, I struggle with fatigue daily and depression. What was your symptoms that lead you to getting them checked in the first place?

@cleannie I got checked for my normal yearly physical. My employer gives me a discount on health insurance if I get a yearly physical and that includes a blood test. On the results I noticed the testosterone levels were on the low end. I did felt fatigued and depressed but I had always felt like that so to be frank so it was nothing new. I don't know where you are but here in the states a lot of doctors are reluctant to prescribe testosterone even if you're low and experiencing symptoms especially if you're under 40. I'd get tested but beware you may need to shop around for a doctor that being said there are plenty of online TRT clinics who much more progressive in their beliefs. Over on r/testosterone you can find reviews of online clinics if you're interested.

@dawn16 Great thanks. I'm in the UK and have always wanted to get an at home testosterone finger prick test which I'd happily pay for although I have one problem.. I have an EXTREME phobia with blood. I'd freak out and pass out if I tried to do that on myself it's desperate, even if someone else was doing it and I wasn't looking my mind just goes nuts it's awful.

@cleannie Well you get testosterone as a cream to put on yourself. Just got to a doctor to get tested that way you don’t have to deal w the needle.