Are clothes getting bigger or is it just me? 5'2,160lbs, size 8, and fitting smalls???

@peachie4408 I have the same ordeal with shoes. So many shoes start with women size 6. I’m a shoe size 5. Get the kid version you say? Well most kids shoes stop at size 4. So size 5 is in purgatory. It’s gotten a lot better in recent years but half of my shoes are size 6 so therefore running a little too big or they are the store model because often they display size 5 as the store model to sell but don’t actually carry them.

@travis73 Kid's shoe sizing doesn't actually line up with adult's, so if you have a size 5 foot, you can definitely buy kids shoes - probably in a size 2 or 3. I'm a women's 6.5 and I can buy kid's size 4s regularly and they fit just fine. Take a look at the sizing charts and you will be able to find kid's shoes that fit you for sure. It's actually great because the kid's versions of similar adult shoes are MUCH more affordable. (Really great for hiking shoes, winter boots or rugged sandals.)

@peachie4408 Agreed. Which is why I can't get with the body acceptance movement. Even at almost 300 lbs I knew it was bs because ALL bodies matter, not just the ones that make you feel better about yourself.

@yakob123 I've been wondering the same! 5'1/155lbs & the last pair of leggings I bought were a medium. The last time I was this weight was 2010-ish, and I was never smaller than a large.

@yakob123 100000%. I am 33, 5’1”, and when I was in High school I was this weight, but more muscular, and wore a size 5/6. I am now back down to 120 lbs and wearing a size 0-2 pants/XXS in most tops. It’s incredibly frustrating to shop for clothing, especially when the smallest size offered is too big.

@dawn16 Yes, I would like to lose a little bit more weight, but I am already finding it hard to find clothes small enough. I have bought mostly juniors and kid tops lately.

@yakob123 They’re getting smaller!!! I’ve never been able to fit into a XS-S and keep in mind im 5’3 128 pounds, at that i always fit into mediums but mediums now fit me huge!!!!

@abbotbernard They've been doing this every few decades for a while. A size 10 from the 50s is much smaller than a size 10 from the 90s. And size 10s are even larger now.

Its vanity sizing to adjust with the average population. It's also dependent on country. Australian size 10s are smaller than US size 10s, and European sizes are smaller than Aussie ones, and then Asian sizes are even smaller still.

@yakob123 It would be so cool if they bring back 5.7.9. My mom shopped there a lot when I was a kid. She was 90lbs when she married my dad but I never thought of her as a small person. She even used to tour around on motorcycles with her best friend before they went to college. Seems like everything has gotten bigger since the 90s which isn’t a bad thing it’s just interesting.

@yakob123 I went from 100 lbs to 168 lbs in 25 years yet I've always been able to fit US size Small, US youth size 12 to 16 and Asian Medium/Large. I suspect clothes sizing is all vanity.

@yakob123 Yes. You’re going to have to join us in the kids section. Or ordering Asian sizes. I get downvoted for recommending making your own sloper but if you have a sewing machine it’s an easy way to tailor bigger misses’ and juniors’.

I have this book, it’s a good one that explains how to do it. How to cut up a sloper to modify for just about anything you want to recreate. ‘Claudia Ein
How to Design Your Own Clothes and Make Your Own Patterns.’