Complete Reddit BW Fitness Routine w/ Video Links

@aywo Hmm. Good point. Though Dips seem to offer a much more obvious benefit in my mind, whereas reverse-plank just looks overly stressful on the shoulders.

I'm certain no expert, though.

@wildcatjim2014 Do you do everything listed in the warmup or just one of the lists...and the skill work, for someone starting do you do each top excercise in each list and what about after feet on floor support progressing to parrell bar support and ring support if i dont have the equipment

@peterbrent So I'm working on creating an actual site that fixes the Youtube timing issue and the hideous HTML code. Also a link to download a poster or order a large size poster from a 3rd party. More to come soon, I promise...

@wildcatjim2014 Novice question: Would it be bad for me to go straight into pull ups without trying rows? I don't have a shoulder level bar available, but I did buy a door-frame pull up bar. I'm in excellent shape for someone who doesn't work out... and I assume it's better than nothing, right?

@wildcatjim2014 Just a quick question: once you can do for example diamond pushups, do you start your next workout with diamond pushups or do you always start at the top of the list and work down?

@dawn16 Beginner routine. Though straddle one-arm pushups are arguably a pretty entry-level movement (I could do them within 2 months of training), I replaced that progression with PPPU/rings pushup progression on Phrak's and Steven's recommendation.

OAC is an advanced move.

@aywo whoops im sorry!!

and shit One arm push is beginner O_O i need to get working jeez

edit: downvoted my other comment because its dumb

@dawn16
and shit One arm push is beginner O_O

Well, I use "beginner" in the training-phases sense. Beginner is basically where you can do linear progression (add reps or move up in a variation every workout).

@aywo Things like one-arm push & pulls etc. should be included over/in addition to rings IMO. Rings are, ultimately, better but they're harder for most people to actually have and use. I feel like most people who choose the BW route do so with the goal of needing as little gear as possible and being able to do it wherever they go.

@backseat
  • One-arm chinups are beyond the level of the beginner routine. To compare, the beginner routines cover up to level 5 of Overcoming Gravity's Charts. OAC is a level 9 move.
  • I took out the one-arm pushup progression because it's very easy to cheat on them
  • A minimal/non-equipment progression is provided in the image
  • Most people choosing the BW route and actually sticking with it end up buying some equipment regardless