HANDSTAND MOTIVATIONAL MONTH 2017! Join us today, and get INVERTED

@1harvey If you type in Tricks bboying into youtube, there's some insane compilation trailers of what people do, some channel by trez seiz (i think) has some good trailers too if you want some craY inspiration lol

@ering STATS: Male, 5'9"

GOAL: Consistently kick up to a freestanding handstand of 20 seconds or longer

CURRENT PROGRESSION: Daily kick-up practice, bi-weekly 1 hour practice sessions implementing handbalancing beginners program from The Little Handbalancing Book.

@ering This is great! Been working the RR since the beginning of the summer. My friend who got me into calisthenics always gives me shit for not giving enough time to HS work. This post is chock full of great info. Time to make it happen!

STATS: Male, 30, 5'11", 170

GOAL: Freestanding handstand for at least 5 seconds

CURRENTLY: Working on toe and heel pulls

Here's a video from earlier today. Took me a while to kick up, wanted to see what the kids were doing around my phone.

@ering STATS: Male, 5'10"

GOAL: Achieve a solid, stable freestand handstand

CURRENT PROGRESSION: I can kick up for a freestanding HS for a few (maybe 5) seconds. But I haven't been able to progress past that for a year now. Chest/Back to wall were fine. 60sec easy. but I struggle beyond that. Anybody got any suggestions

@revbob4him Hey,

can kick up for a freestanding HS for a few (maybe 5) seconds

This usually means that your kick-up is roughly right (getting you to the balance point), but you don't know how to balance, so you then proceed to slowly fall over. Would need a formcheck (from the side), to say for sure.

Remedy is to learn to balance of off the wall (toe-/heel-pulls, wall scissors), and make sure your understanding of HS balance is correct (see this FAQ-section for details).

Cheers,

Michael

@justm811 I think you're right. I had a feeling that was it so I tried heel pulls at the gym today. Same result, I can pull off the wall to a HS. But once I over balance I can't recover. I'll work Heel/toe pulls for 2 weeks and then form check it

@revbob4him Hey,

I like toe pulls better for beginners, because the counter-action (once you go too far) is dead simple. Just push like hell through your finger-tips.

Even if you completely over-do the initial pull of off the wall, at the very least you'll feel your fall slow down as you try to correct --> some success (in establishing balance) is almost assured, and can then be built upon.

Whereas with a heel-pull you have the problem that overdoing it means falling to the heel-side of the hand, with no easy counter-action --> complete failure is possible/likely, no learning progress achieved :-(.

Cheers,

Michael

@ering Male, 31, 5' 7", 75kg ish haven't checked in 6 months or more

Current: Gut to wall handstand aprox 20s though I've never timed it

Goal: Freestanding handstand, opening the shoulders

Ultimate goal: HSPU

Gonna upload some pictures/videos soon.

@ering I might be blind and it could be on here already but does someone have a sample handstand workout routine I could follow for the month?