My Handstand Journey: What I wish I knew when I began

@jesusloverr I feel like this post was what I needed to red today and everyday of my life now!!!!! It describes exactly how I feel and couldn’t really put into words. Thank you!!!

@jesusloverr I like how this post comes out maybe 15 days after trying to learn to handstand. I’m still practicing, and have learned to dismount without fear. I’m working on straightening myself out, and the most I’ve held it was 1.5 seconds.

@jesusloverr Thank you for this post. I recently made it my goal to get a handstand. I decided to start with a headstand to learn body control, core strength and it took me over 1.5months to lift off and stay up.

It’s frustrating and a previous old and chronic wrist injury keep slowing me down whenever I try to get on my hands (instead of forearms)

But your post really puts into perspective the “marathon not a sprint” aspect of this skill. Thanks for all the tips!

@jesusloverr Damn this is on point. I am 4 months in of atleast 4 days a week 5-10 min a day practise. This stuff is hard! Longest hold was 5 controlled seconds but its ups and downs. Looking forward to the moment that the control flows through me and I get it everytime!!