HANDSTAND MOTIVATIONAL MONTH 2017! Join us today, and get INVERTED

@medic75 Thanks. And for step 2, hollow hold, I shouldn't move on to step 3, wall planks, until I can do a straight line hollow hold? I'm still at about 45 degree hollow holds.

@imeldahl What /@medic75 said, you can work them both if you have good form. Plank is there for conditioning of the wrists. Make sure you have that down. I'll edit the post to clarify that in a bit.

@ering Im 17M, 1.71m, 57kg. Recently I've been practicing handstands a lot more, at least 10 minutes a day. Can hold about a 5 second free handstand but it's not consistent. Just accomplished my first wall assisted straddle press handstand today so I'm pretty happy! My goal is a consistent comfortable free handstand by the end of 2017.

@ering Stats: male, 24, 6'0, 164.

Goal: 10 second FHS.

Current: about 3-5 seconds on a good day.

Problem: maintaining hollow body.

Any tips? Do I just have weak hollow body? After like three seconds my legs start to go weeellll past my shoulders and I'm pushing HARD on my finger tips.

@ering Stats: 16yo male, 5'8", 140lb

Goal: hoping to hit the 1 minute mark in a freestanding handstand

Current progression: Around 20-30sec freestanding, PB is about 50sec. I usually get about 1/2 successful kick ups.

I have a background in gymnastics and freerunning which helps with strength/body awareness, just trying to break my PB to be honest. I would also like to get my kick ups more consistent, and strengthen my wrists because I feel like they have been feeling quite weak lately. Gl with your goals everyone!

@ering Press up from pike to handstand is one of my long term goals! I love how it looks and the feeling of doing a handstand even for a couple seconds is already great!

STATS: Male, 5'8"

GOAL: Kick up into freestanding handstand

CURRENT PROGRESSION: 10 second freestanding handstand after pulling away from the wall, reps of 10 toe pulls and heel pulls almost every day, 90 sec chest to wall and back to wall stand

@ering I started my hs journey (and bodyweight fitness in general) 3 years ago with no prior experience in looking the world upside down.

Stats: male, 32, 165cm, 61kg

Goal: take my hs from 40s to 1 min while perfecting form (opening shoulders, keeping ribs in)

Current: I can hold a 40s hs with good form and i can do 1min wall assisted shoulder taping, so I guess my 1 min hs goal is realistic?

Form check video! I am aware my shoulders close a bit in the end.

@ering Thanks! I straddle my legs and bring them back up, if that's what you mean. :p

On a side note I'm working on cartwheels, too. I got the going up part but the second part feels awkward; instead of continuing to the side I bring my legs down, so the whole thing looks like just entering a handstand from the side.

@ering Stats: 36 male, 6'3", 172 lbs

Goal: pike press to handstand

Current progression: i can do a shoulder stand with good form. I can also do 3 x 5 pile pushups. But i am terrible when it comes to pike flexibility. I cant even touch my toes without getting warmed up. Chest to wall HS back to wall HS are OK but i want to be able to go to HS from the pike position.

@ering Checking in

Male 5'9"
Weight 193
Current progression: can hold toes to wall for a minute. One foot off the wall for a few seconds. Almost ready to remove feet from the wall with a spotter.
Goal: to be able to do this unassisted in a few months

@ering If anyone is interested in extreme inverted handstands...this guys does it well

Please note that this is person is probably has a natural hypermobility/ flexibility that most others won't have, not only this but he would have been practising for years to be able to balance like this.

Great handstand thread!

@dawn16 I do calisthenics daily and have always consider myself extremely strong and flexible, but this looks insane. jesus Christ im gonna nail my planche before I get that move down