How do you get 100+ grams of protein per day?

@jszy04 Don't forget to take %body fat into account to calculate. Things change a lot.
And please, guys, don't hoard protein: it's a limited recourse and we want the World to be sustainable, don't we?
I believe the protein trend goes against the chore of veganism, to be honest.

@jszy04 I remember the good old days of forums where we had an FAQ and sticky posts so we wouldn't get the exact same question every single day. To eat protein eat protein rich foods that are not too high in calories. Tofu, tempeh tvp, protein powder, and have some protein in your other foods as well, whole pasta, beans whatever.

@jszy04 TVP or tofu with dinners and a double spiru-tein protein shake. I vary the shakes with cold-press coffee or cocoa powder.

60g+40g right there.

I was WFPB for a while but had trouble hitting the protein macro, so I also chose to integrate processed foods again.

@jszy04 I'm also working on body recomposition. On many days I'll do a block of tofu for breakfast; divide a cup each of lentils, black beans, and pinto beans, and half a cup of chickpeas, between lunch and dinner; and have a scoop of pea protein between each meal and before bed. This is just under 2000 calories and roughly 220 grams of protein.

@jszy04 Not related to protein. But unless you are very new to training you're not going to get far with recomposition.

You need to lose fat first and then gain muscle, which is going to require a little fat gain. Chasing recomposition is goung to be a disappointing route.

@jszy04 200ish here.
  • breakfast: high protein raspberry pancakes and one sausage
  • lunch: Mexican pasta dish. Side Greek yogurt with high protein granola
  • pregym: bowl of cereal with high protein milk
  • post gym: 1.5 scoops of protein powder
  • dinner usually some sort of high protein tofu/rice/vegetables

@vanillachaiandcoke Combination of a few things. My weight, training, and some literature says non-animal sourced protein may not be as good as vegan based so I take a little more to cover that. It’s working well for me. Good progress in the gym, blood panel shows no issues. I can certainly tell on a training day if I have been skimping on protein as well.

@zennah Mmm I eat around 110g and I am 74kg, 1.2-1.4 g of protein per kg lean body weight ... gym/cf climb yoga and biking

Do you think it's not enough? It's something I always try to figure out

@jszy04 3tsp of hemp seed heart is 10g of proteins i add it to every meal.....in a shooter glass boring to eat but so healthy (lot of iron,omega 3,magnesium) :)

@jszy04 My smoothie is split into 3 shaker cups. That gets me to around 110g. Then I have snacks like carbonaut toast w/almond butter, cereal, pumpkin seeds etc. Then whatever my wife and I plan for dinner. I find it relatively easy to get between 150-200 as long as I make sure to get the smoothies in early on.

@jszy04 Higher protein ingredients I'll list protein content. It's around 110g of protein (in 3 regular shaker cups)

Creatine Monohydrate

2 cups Silk Protein almond/cashew milk (24g)

Vega Sport x2scoops (60g)

Hemp Hearts (10g)

Pumpkin Seed butter (10g)

Chia seeds

Spinach

Tumeric

Black pepper

Frozen wild blueberries

Frozen Dark Berries