How do you get 100+ grams of protein per day?

@jszy04 TVP. Super versatile, 51g protein per 100g. You can make meatballs, patties, faux ground meat. I assume it freezes well as many frozen processed products use it.

@jszy04 2 protein shakes with 30 g each
1 protein drink with 10 g

1 meal with tofu of some kind to get up to 30 g

I find it quite easy to consume over 100 gs of protein per day.

@jszy04 I found some Edemame and mung bean pasta that has over 40grams of protein per 100grams, so that's decent if you can find some!

Swap out basics like normal bread, tortialls, etc for high protein options. Like protein bagels, protein tortilla, etc. Good way to get extra boost of protein.

@jszy04 I find it pretty easy to get 80-100g protein without any protein powder or specific “protein” foods like tofu or seitan. My breakfast is soy yogurt with hemp hearts, chia seeds, and flaxseed + 2 different types of fruit. 40g of protein right there. Can have pita and veggies plus hummus for lunch for another 20+ grams and then include a cup or two of beans with dinner for another 20-30g.

If you add in a protein shake or start swapping tofu for other ingredients you will have an overabundance of protein pretty easily

@jszy04 I probably get around 150g a day on a cut (super easy when bulking at 4000+ calories).

- Oatmeal with peanut butter, easy 30 grams of protein.

- 3 meals with meat substitutes, tofu, and/or beans. Easy 30g of protein each. Can be anything from bean salads to tortillas to rice/pasta with vegan meats.

That's already 120g, two peanut butter sandwiches, or a protein smoothie and you've got 150g a day.

@jszy04
  1. Fava bean tofu (big mountain brand). Throw some adobo seasoning, onion powder, braggs - wont regret
  2. Seitan (light life Mexican crumbles - bomb)
  3. Lion’s mane/mushroom from Eat Meati

I get 180g easily every day with only about 26g powder ONLY because I eat overnight oats. 👍

@jszy04 I’m a big fan of Huel. I have three scoops of their Black formula for breakfast, 60 g of protein in one shake. Bagels can be surprisingly high in protein as well. I try to eat some kind of tofu or fake meat with my dinner to round it out.

@jszy04 I consistently hit 200g+ on 2500 calories or less.

Protein shakes are a great tool, but use vegan mock meats. Here are some of the best ones, they’re usually just soy isolate blends with wheat gluten and seasoning, not over processed garbage like beyond:

• Dynamatize Plant Based Protein Powder (highest quality at a great value of all proteins I’ve tried)

• 150 calories / 25g protein per scoop

• Morningstar Chik’n Strips

• 140 calories / 24g protein per serving

• Gardein Ground Be’f

• 120 calories / 18g protein per serving

• Boca Vegan Patties

• 80 calories / 14g protein per patty

• Lightlife Smart Dogs (Jumbo)

• 100 calories / 14g protein per serving

• Tofurky Deli Slicez (Any Variety)

• 100 calories / 14g protein per servings

• Natures Own Keto Bread

• 70 calories / 12g protein per 2 slices

• Better Bagel (these are expensive af tho)

• 170 calories / 25g protein per bagel

• Arnold Keto Buns (Hot Dog or Burger)

• 80 calories / 9g protein

• Ole Xtra Wellness Tortillas (don’t buy Mission ones with similar macros, they’re garbage)

• 80 calories / 8g protein

• GoodKarma Flax Milk

• 45 calories / 5g protein per serving

Some notable mentions are Fieldroast Sausage varieties, Beyond Steak tips, or various vegan nugget brands for snacks.

This allows you to mix a bread pairing with a meat to make a variety of sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, tacos/burritos, wraps, stir fry’s, and add Whole Foods like veggies or riced cauliflower that easily keeps your calorie to protein ratio (around) 100cal/10g protein.

Adding in other variety that is also close or at to that ratio, like Just Egg, Tofu, Seitan, Edamame, or high protein cereals also helps.

For reference, I’m a fitness enthusiast - you can check out my Tik Tok @tommy_heights, but my content is build around vertical jumping and athleticism, and this diet has served me extremely well in staying lean and retaining or gaining muscle mass.

@jszy04 1) Protein bread
2) Smoothie with PB, banana, blueberries, oats and protein powder
3) Whole grain pasta

These are my daily drivers and are above 100g protein

@jszy04 Adding protein powder to everything you can, or tofu (such as adding Silken tofu to things that you wouldn't notice it in),
As well as finding higher protein substitutes for things, such as peanut butter powder, and using things like Soy milk instead of Almond, since it's higher in protein.
Those small differences accumulate throughout the day and at the very least make the goal a lot easier to hit

@jszy04 Dude there’s so many options! Protein powder is an easy add in, tofu, seitan, tempeh, beans, TVP and soy curls, protein rich replacements for bread, tortillas, pasta, etc. baked goods made with pea protein powder or vital wheat gluten. Mock meats. I am currently getting 132g of protein at 1700 cal and now that I have those habits it’s quite easy!

@jszy04 Eat more beans/lentils/tofu/tvp and less low protein high carb/fat foods like white rice that are less protein per calorie.

For example if I like rice and beans I'll use half the rice I normally would and more beans or when I make the rice ill make a 50/50mix of rice and lentils to make it more protein dense without really changing the overall cals.

There are also lower calorie high protein foods/supplements like protein powder or defatted peanut powder like PBfit that you can drink or have with your morning breakfast cereal.