Josh Bridges movement standards in 16.4

@jaylgee1 Those deadlift reps are shit, you don't even need a better angle or slow down the video to tell that. I just looked through the first set and every rep violated the standards. He is a top athlete, and would probably have won this event even with proper reps, but stuff like this really pisses me off. Why is it always the same athletes every year who keeps posting this shit without being called out for it?

@jaylgee1 If you have to question an athlete once, it's an off day. If you have to question every workout that athlete does, their standards are poor.

Fucking Barni Bojte's reps beat all of these dudes in this workout by a mile, including papa smurf.

@fingle It's weird that the guy to bridges right is forcing his hips forward and getting lockout, and the guy to bridges left is barely pulling the bar above his knees. It's like bridges is the exact middle of those two.

Still doesnt finish a single rep IMO.

@fingle Great point. I can't remember ever watching a Rich Froning video where he consistently does questionable reps. His reps are always clean--and perhaps that's why he was (is?) the best.

@jaylgee1 This is bad. Wow!

I watched the video repeatedly. I read the camera comments, and tried to watch as closely as I could to make a judgment. After watching closely, I think these scores are illegitimate and should not count.

I cannot give any credibility to the camera comment. Here is why: the athlete on the far right, who in theory should be most harmed by the fisheye perspective, starts off the WOD is doing bad looking reps. Bad camera or bad reps? We get the answer at 1:21.

At 1:21, he pauses, and then, since he is tired, moves more deliberately. At this point, he does some good reps. His good reps are obvious despite the camera angle. (he does a few bad ones, too).

The shirtless athlete on the far left exhibits a similar pattern. His reps appear to be terrible. Again, it is not the camera. At 0:56 he stands up tall to rest, and in spite of so called camera issues, he is visibly standing up tall with his shoulders back. Sadly, he almost never reaches this position during the WOD.

Josh's reps appear close, but given that this sort of nonsense was tolerated in that gym, I cannot see any reason for giving him the benefit of the doubt.

@shonspawnel I guess all I can say in Josh's defense is that he does appear to stand straight, but just never straightens his shoulders or gets them behind the bar.

The reps by the guys on the far left and right are really bad though. Bar barely over their knees, they're almost rowing it.

Guessing the gym just does not teach a full range of motion which is why Josh and the others are all doing poor reps.

@jaylgee1 It's funny watching when they are done deadlifting and they stand up. Shouldn't you drop the weight and be in the same position not noticably straightening up?

@jaylgee1 Pausing at the very top it's clear there are many no reps without hips fully extended. There are plenty of questionable grey area reps that may be do to the angle and alot of good reps. Definitely enough no reps that HQ should penalize that performance 15%. If they don't it's a total sham.

@jaylgee1 I don't like using videos to evaluate movement standards. You will see great judges constantly moving around the athlete to ensure standards are being followed, which is almost impossible using a single video camera.

For example, watch the judge of Kara checking depth and height on each repetition at
. On the other side you have a judge standing behind Josh while performing chest to bar pullups at
. I would argue the video is proof that the judge didn't perform to the standards he should.

On top of this, GoPro's fisheye makes the whole thing painful to judge. Please pay attention to the pull up bar in the background:

Back