My name is Brandon Wynn, Captain of the US Mens Gymnastics Senior National Team, AMA!

@snowy123 I watched your rings routine from 2013; holy shit that was awesome.

What would you say have been the top contributors to your success on the rings? If someone is training for ring skills, do you believe bar and floor work to be important/necessary or does it just get in the way?

@1stladynita i think all of the gymnastics event help in someway. My success is due to the consistent approach i have been doing for years. I just keep chipping away and try not to stray from the plan.

@snowy123 Why weren't you named for the 2012 Olympics team? I'm looking forward to seeing you at the pan am games this year!

Will eating bad for 1 week drastically affect your training? I went on vacation and couldn't really watch what I was consumung

@loveandworship i was at the trails in 2012 but did not fit the team and was not selected. eating bad for a week could kill you depending on your goals and how bad it was. if you goal is gain mass then eating bad or a little more might not be the worst thing in the world. What i do and learns much as i can about different foods and understand the prep process of the common restaurant.

quick answer: even on vacation if you have a competition coming up, try and do your best.

@snowy123
  1. Do you do any bodyweight strength training ( variations of pushups, pullups, dips etc) and if so do you work in the low rep range to build strength?

@blackhuff i sometimes work in the lower rep range.

IMPORTANT thing to remember

with body weight training, it is easy to fall into the habit of bad form. so with low reps and heavy weight be very careful of your form.

@snowy123 What kinds of exercises are good for beginners who want to get into bodyweight training? By that I mean, which exercises are the most helpful with all around training and will be most effective for fast improvement?

@snowy123 Wow, Brandon you're an absolute tank. My question is how much do you work with free weights? It would be really interesting to see how much you can squat/ bench/ deadlift purely from gymnastics conditioning. Cheers

@dawn16 Thanks!
i solely just train body weight gymnastics training. My Physique is just a tool that is built from my trade and i try not to focus on any further development i do not need. after i am done, i would love to lift weights and see what i can do!

Back