Question thread for our AMA with Alberto Nuñez of 3DMJ!

@gattacinza 1) This is going to be results based. There is a unique combo in there somewhere but you need to find it. So much of this is observing carefully

2)

@paparazi257 I notice from your social media you don't do any traditional squats or deadlifts. I remember they used to be a part of your routine years back. Is this due to old injuries? Effectiveness in hypertrophy? Etc.

@paparazi257 What are some key pieces of info/metrics you look at when assessing nutrition for someone? (Trying to decide on macro breakdown) how do you know when to make an adjustment vs giving the diet more time to “do it’s thing”.

@ebioniterevival 1) Is this goal appropriate right now
2) Current lifestyle
3) What do they actually need

I don’t do macros these days. Calories and protein is enough hair splitting. Even for contest preppers

@paparazi257 How important is it to train exercises in a specific order? For example, if you squat at the beginning of the workout one day, and squat later in the workout another day due to all the racks being taken, does that make a difference in performance and progression?

@grampatom42 If you are being mindful of what you can recover from there shouldn’t be too much change. If you feel like you do chances are you are overdosing yourself during your gaining phases

@paparazi257 Training for 15 years. Do you think it shortchanges long term progress to do a little cut to a 'beach leanness' each year? Still in a surplus for ~9 months/yr. Even if you compare it to a 3 year bulk (typical way) the time spent in each phase would be roughly similar. Why would this be superior if it is?

Back