Sunday Show Off + AMA Announcement: Daniel Vadnal of FitnessFAQs will be answering questions on December 21st!

groo101

Before we begin the Sunday Show Off, we wanted to let you know there will be an AMA on December 21st for Daniel Vadnal of FitnessFAQs. If you do not know who he is, check out his YouTube videos here along with his website. He should be able to check in periodically throughout the day to answer questions, beginning around 9:30 AM GMT +10 (+1 because of daylight savings?).

But without further ado, what fancy new skills have made it to your repertoire this week? Show us your progress on skills you're working on!

This doesn’t just mean progressions on the FAQ; show us anything extraordinary for you. This may include, but is not limited to: gymnastics, climbing, parkour, weight loss/gain, posture, etc. They’re all welcome in this thread!

Our previous Sunday Show Off yielded another great variety of bodyweight media. We wanted to say thanks to /@queenofhearts1992-Minion for sharing what her handstand progress was looking like, amidst pregnancy. Meanwhile, some of our regular contributors offered up pictures and video encompassing V-sits, variations in handstand progress, in addition to some lever work. On the same token, there were quite a few of you who reported achieving personal records or crossing huge plateaus. People like /@worldbandy managed to impress himself with one arm push ups while /@benky managed a 40 second tucked L-sit. Others, like /@sue2904 and /@wexcellent progressed to ring support holds, sets of chin ups, diamond push ups, and pistols. Btw, BELATED HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY /U/THICKDICULOUS!

So help your own training and inspire others by sharing what you’ve accomplished! Everything you contribute not only helps you measure your own progress, but can be immensely motivating to someone who is just starting or sitting at a plateau! You’ve got a whole community of over 120,000 to support!

We also want to remind you that we've been sharing your content on @redditbwf on both Instagram and Twitter. Help us grow our sub's social media in order to reach out to non-Redditors across these other platforms!

Pictures and Videos from last week:
Last week’s Show Off thread

Check out some of the previous Sunday Show Off threads for more inspiration! Archives here and here.

As always, many of us are on the IRC and would love to meet our BWF brothers and sisters, wherever you're from!

@groo101 Well this is a very unconventional progress report for this subreddit, but as a followup to my handstand pic posted last week....

This is my progress this week. We did our last handstand on December 6, and she decided to come on out December 11th a month ahead of schedule. Guess she heard we were done with the fun stuff and got bored. That was definitely the most physically (and emotionally) challenging event of my life! We did it!

@lsouza First of all, that's a ridiculously awesome flow. I'm actually pretty jealous right now at how strong, controlled, and skilled you are! Also, /@fromgenesistorevelation said in the IRC that he was just on those bars yesterday (I shared this video with him). You guys should find each other to build on some /r/BWF meetups!