Sunday Show Off - What plateaus have you overcome this week?

@commissioned2encourageu Prior to doing it Antranik's way, I was simply putting my hands around my hip area, fingers backward, and working on those. I tried my best not to slide around, although I did catch myself doing that at times. Regardless, doing it that way helped me build the strength I needed to be more cognizant of my lean. I'm glad I managed to keep my lean mostly consistent in this video!

@groo101 Continuing my thread of fucking around on straps, I figured out how to get back flips this week. Straps back flips:

The first few times are pretty disconcerting in that I thought I might pop a shoulder out but everything went ok.

@theislandpoet Just a tip, don't practice it at all unless you could do it with straight arms because if you keep practicing with bent elbows, you'll develop that habit and it's a bitch to undo bad habits. The safest way to go through it is with straight arms but our brains bend it to protect... if you can, have someone show you how to do it properly!

@dawn16 It will be more so when I try it on rings but in this I've got the strap in a half hitch around my wrist. It tears your skin up but it means that you can drop out of things and stay hanging there without concern.

@groo101 Finally got back to the level of climbing that was my peak 8 months ago, before I got sick for a long time and lost most of my progress.

Really looking forward to the future now since its all unexplored territory for me!

@groo101 Thank you for including me in the description!
I decided to work on my hspu form today and here is my best attempt :

I can do 5x3 hspu now and my goal is 5x5, with good form. Hspu is by far my favorite skill to train so I try to do a couple everyday..Let me know what you think!

@dawn16 Man I'm jealous! HeSPUs and HSPUs were my best skill for the longest time, both on the floor and on my p-bars. But I can't seem to get my freestanding down long enough to do this with. Great job here, I'm inspired to just set my bars away from the wall and practice these!

@groo101 For a long time I struggled to maintain balance and it was very frustrating , but then I focused on opening up my shoulder and acquiring more flexibility (still working on it) and it helped a lot. I'm glad I inspired you, keep going man!

@dawn16 How tall are your parallettes? I'm looking to make some next and am not sure how tall I should make them. If you happen to know how long the horizontal bar and feet are as well, I'd really appreciate information on those dimensions too!

@groo101 Bench pressed for the first time. 95 lbs, but I could have gone heavier if I wanted.

Is it normal for the barbell to wobble around when doing your reps? Does this get better as you get used to the movement? At times it felt fairly unsafe.

@beverly24 Yeah it gets better as you understand the movement more. The first time I benched (bar only) the thing felt incredibly heavy and wobbled all over the place.