Sunday Show Off - Bodyweight + Bodyweight Edition

@davecb I started bodyweight training. Did the beginner routine for the first time on Friday. Today, I was in pain and really didn't want to, but did it all the way through anyway.

@davecb I did my first pull-up last wednesday! I got access to an iron gym pull-up bar and I tried one from standing, was able to get my nose just under the bar. Was very surprised.

@davecb I did my first muscle up EVER on rings at an open gym night at a gymnastics gym here in San Diego.
Did my second muscle up the next morning when I started chatting with some guy at the bar park. Instructed him and his wife on handstands.

Found real stillness in my handstands on friday and held for a solid 30-40 seconds. I expect to see REAL progress in handstands and im very excited about it.

@davecb Holy smokes, /@commissioned2encourageu -- I want to look like that, man. Unfortunately I look like a potato with legs. So the question is, did you do that with purely bodyweight fitness? (Obviously diet is a big part but without weights, cuz there had to be some weights or machines or something right?)

@davecb i guess i might as well post even though i just started last week.

when i started i was barely able to do the bodyline drills, but now i am fairly stable if not completely comfortable

i have been struggling to find a place to do most of these excercises since i don't live by myself, and most of the furniture in this house is meant for decoration rather than rows. today i did my workout completely in the park which was a little weird, but also fun.

when i started, i couldn't hold a supported handstand for 60 seconds, now i can. also i can now support myself with two hands for 60 seconds.

only a week in and i am already seeing huge progress, so i am excited for what is to come in the next months.