Update: 24 mos of bwf- - M/36/5’10

@rkenoke You did awesome! I’m using this as an example when bodybuilders tell me you can only get a nice body with weights. Calisthenics rules!

@jbr
You did awesome! I’m using this as an example when bodybuilders tell me you can only get a nice body with weights. Calisthenics rules!

ha, I don't know if I'm the shining example, just a real dude sharing his progress. lots of other great calisthenics based athletes out there!

@jbr Just depends on your goals, what kind of equipment you have access to, what you find more rewarding/fun, if you have joint problems, etc. You can achieve a decent aesthetic with bodyweight exercises, but you'd get there faster with better aesthetic results using weights and progressive overload. But again, there might be reasons for choosing one over the other.

@rkenoke This is amazing!

I am also a vegetarian and I am having trouble starting with the food planning. Any tips? I find that r/loseit doesn't cater to vegetarians as much.

@dhsmith9ii I'll second that it's pretty helpful regardless; you can take ideas from there, but have the added benefit of adding other protein sources like cottage cheese, yogurt, and egg whites.

@dhsmith9ii Well the good thing is that vegan food is all 100% vegetarian, so it should be more useful than what you were seeing on other subreddits. Plus its super active, so you'll get immediate responses.

Back