Weighted Vest Discussion + Help: For those who have owned/used weighted vests in the past which features should be avoided and which are must haves?

@tamirem Sorry for the late answer, it doesnt move around, but it kinda restricts yoir breathing because its a tight fit (if you tighten it ofc), i personally havent been running with it because i dont like weighted runs, but stair sprints are awesome

@dinkold I’ve had the Hyperwear vest you linked for about 3 years now. I like that it is extremely flexible, and highly adjustable with the elastic sides. I’ve broken off a few of the plastic loops that keep the elastic bands attached, and the material that you put the weight bars into has been wearing down from regular use. I’m not sure if I’d buy another until giving another one a try.

@dinkold I’ve used v-force 100lbs vest. Top of the line stuff.

How, if I’m being honest, outside of plyometric work, you’ll be better off with a dip belt for vertical exercises (pull ups, dips, etc) and a sturdy backpack for horizontal exercises (push ups, rows, etc).

It’s cheaper, easier to change weights for different exercises in the same workout, much more flexibility, and much less pain.

@dinkold Buy the Kensui Fitness vest. I saw an ad on ig about them and their vest looks pretty interesting, they say it is the heaviest weight vest ever built and also isn’t constricting.

@dinkold So, here's my issue with weighted vests. They help, but not in a significant way. You're better off just using weights to bulk up.

Why? It's your joints, you'll be killing your joints. As a man with knees, knees are important and these things are a good way to put extra unnecessary strain on them.

Then there's the range of motion decline, which while not guaranteed for what you're trying to do, will still exist if you try those things, and will diminish your gains.

Trust, as someone who's been in love with the idea of weighted vests for literally 2 decades, I can't justify having one. And I hate that.

@dawn16 It's not the best sampling, but it's common sense when you think about it.

What you need to be a millionaire:

- A very high paying job

- A very lucky event

- A decent paying job with good spending habits

- Starting a successful business

What you need to lose your legs

- Be born unlucky

- A very unfortunate event.

The first is somewhat likely, the later is very unlikely. And frankly losing your legs can result in your being a millionaire if someone is at fault for your loss of legs.

@dinkold I use one with great success, mine fastens with velcro straps which after a while start to fail so now when I'm doing press up etc the bottom comes open.
Look for one that fastens differently.

Back