Weighted Vest Discussion + Help: For those who have owned/used weighted vests in the past which features should be avoided and which are must haves?

@dinkold First ask yourself why you are getting a weighted vest and how you will use it (training for exercises) now and in the future. For some of many people a weighted vest is not the ideal piece of equipment.

I own a KENSUI Fitness EZ-VEST MAX, good up to 220lbs. But there is a practical limit to weighted vest 100+ lbs /45kg.

For weighted pull-ups max push-ups over 100lbs it’s a hassle to put it one and take off alone (the whole idea?!). I prefer using a dip belt and chain.

I bought my vest with the idea of using it for weighted push-ups and horizontal pulling strength - weighted Adv Tuck FL rows. If the weight is not nigh enough on the back side for push-ups in my opinion and it’s only good for 95lbs (2x45lb plates + 5lbs vest).

If you plan to use the vest up to only 50-60lbs then you cans choose which lever you prefer. If your goal is to go 100+ you need to careful weigh the options (pun intended!)

@dinkold I heard hyperwear vests don’t last and the material holding the plates wares a lot, fraying abd is low quality but this is from years ago, anyone have input who has owned one for a while?

@dinkold I use my dive weight belt. Cheap to me obviously because I already own it. But used it in many different exercises with no issue. very quick to don and doff and quick to change weights for different exercises.

@dinkold I use the 100lb v-force weighted vest and love it. I go hiking with 50lbs and push ups I max it out. But only for 6 reps per set. I had a walmart one in the past and it was horrible. You need one that is adjustable to tighten properly.