Will 50 pushups a day make a noticeable difference?

@lucyt25 just do 4 sets of moderately hard pushup progression not to failure every other day. you will build strength incredibly faster than doing 50 pushups/day.

@lucyt25 Please follow a reasonable training program instead of doing this. If you do a push exercise you should at least also do a pull exercise. Also, to train effectively you should come close to muscular failure, which you wont by just doing the same exercise the same number of times. It is way more efficient to do a few reps of a hard exercise than to do a lot of reps of an easy exercise.

@lucyt25 50 push-ups a day for the rest of your life will increase your overall health & happiness and help control your stress levels. It’s not just about pecs, but about your core and wrist strength too. I can only do 20 max, but when I started, I could barely do 5. I do them with my kids before bed and we usually all end up laughing. Taking care of your physical and mental health is number one, so you just keep on keeping on!!

@lucyt25 I think it will definitely set you up for better gains. My chest definitely became fuller and more defined when I started doing pushups daily.

That said, I wouldn't break down your rep ranges ahead of time. Instead of saying 10x5, try to do as many pushups per set as you can - go to failure until you hit 50 total. The ideal would be that, over time, you eventually improve to the point that you can do all 50 in a single go. I did the same thing to the point where I could bang out 60 in one set, and at that point I decided to move over to weighted exercises.

@lucyt25 I've been doing a Daily Challenge with some friends. We are on day 135 currently. The challenge is:

2 miles running

50 pushups

50 situps

2 minutes planking

Some in the group have reported that pushups are easier now, but no earth shattering gains. We are all primarily trail runners, so we all had some base fitness going in. The biggest improvement I've noticed in myself is more solid core strength, and an old lower abdominal injury hasn't flared up in awhile.

Doing 50 pushups a day means you'll get good at doing 50 pushups a day, and not much else.

@lucyt25 yes, although you should be barely able to do one quality pushup right now. I'm guessing your form is sloppy. You may want to do sets of incline pushups as you build up strength.

@lucyt25 There are many..MANY so called “push-up challenge” videos on YouTube now. They typically include before and after results. Doing 50 push-ups daily will likely yield better results than NOT doing 50 push-ups daily. How can you lose?

@lucyt25 If you want to achieve ultimate fitness, do the following:

100 sit-ups.

100 push-ups.

100 squats.

10-kilometer run.

You must do this every day!

@lucyt25 Lower your expectations and increase your focus on long term results. After 4 weeks or 5 (including the week you do your push-ups) you will see 0 results and that’s ok. The amount of weight you gained is only a little bit water and glycogen storages in your muscles. Just stay patient and most importantly eat well. Don’t focus that much on protein focus more on carbohydrates and fat. That will make you gain a lot of mass. You can add your protein in overtime but you don’t need that much as you think. Especially not as someone who has difficulties to gain weight. But to get really visible results takes around 6 to 12 months and that’s totally fine. Just stay on the grind. If you stay on it for life anyway who cares about a few month until you see the first results. Be more patient.

@adriennelisa well my level is basicly nothing, i don't weigh much, and i'm pretty thinn, but my arms and legs look normal luckily, but strength wise it's not allot, and 50 pushups is allot.

Back