2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 7: Snatch Speed Triple

@jonjones229 Yeah but from a spectator standpoint it’s just sad.
I’m used to seeing Mat having to wait till the last day until his title is confirmed. Now it’s confirmed midway through day 2...
He’s incredible, but it’s painful to watch the rest of the field

No American female has been on the podium since Foucher in 2014. In excited to see which of the three Americans finishes first among those three

Eh, I’m well in the minority here (and May well seem like a dick) but I rarely remember who came 2nd/3rd

@jonjones229 Jesus, so does Mat sweep the remaining events and finish these games with just One second place finish... Which was because of a mathing error?

Ya I am stanning but god damn.

@ezie And while I’m enjoying watching, this is where having only 5 on each side becomes an issue. If there were another 5, 10, or 15 athletes on each side, you would have some other athletes pushing each other and pushing Fraser where these guys aren’t. Athletes cut from the 6th-20th spots have strengths that come into play; proficiency at various lifts and movements, overall endurance and durability that translates over multiple days, etc. I’m not saying these athletes don’t deserve their spots, they’re definitely all top 20 material, but after this weekend the top 5 would look much different if there were 10-20 athletes per side.

@anneka Then why did the women who were last in their heats all do their last lifts? Not arguing here, just curious why they would expend the energy if it wasn't necessary.

Back