2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 7: Snatch Speed Triple

@aaron2025 The rule applies if you are 5th. The question is whether you get 15 pts or 0 pts. Noah was already 4th. Otherwise, in theory, if Tia had the total locked up before the last DL, she would still have to attempt it. Makes no sense. The athlete who is guaranteed first place shouldn’t have to attempt a Max deadlift to avoid a 0 on the event.

@jonjones229 Weight difference there between men and women: Top guys need to squat on the last weight of 1st round vs the women who power snatch 1st weight of 2nd round.

@rhondalittle Re: snatching with a belt

It depends on your proportions and what your pull from the ground is like. Also depends on the belt type i.e. nylon vs a leather belt with a buckle

@rhondalittle The Rogue Nylon belts are quite good for it, much more flexible but still offer stability. The leather Rogue one designed for Oly lifts is even better, its shaped slimmer round the front so you can bend better in it

@josephmetalman I think Medeiros said he still struggles overhead a bit. That aside, I do think Adler could have beaten Fraser if his technique were a little better. With his Oly background, Fraser’s lifts were for the most part technically sound. But even during the second round, second weight, it took Adler 3 attempts; he wasn’t staying over the bar and was pulling really early. He was able to use his strength to muscle the bar the rest of the way up, but he wasn’t in a good receiving position. Dude is strong though, still getting the bar overhead even if he was unbalanced and unable to stand it up.

Back