Gym guy (60s) yells at me (27 F) in gym

@muziklade I figured that’s how some view folks on their phone. The issue is that a lot of people have apps now that they are using to track their workout. I look at my phone to log my weights, track how much time in between sets and also to see what other exercises I have coming and how to improve form

@jwmcdani I get that I have a Apple Watch I use but it dosent take 5 mins for that I waited 15 mins last week for a person to do 3 sets I don’t wait I just go to another machine

@muziklade I do want one of those, some day.

I agree with you that there is a reasonable amount of time and an excessive amount of time. I just found out I should be waiting 1:30 - 2 minutes between sets, hence why I’m using my phone to time myself. I feel like before I knew any better I would rest maybe 30-45 seconds. Waiting 2 minutes feels like an eternity, it’s almost a full damn song

@rockerfox I get that. There were two other of the same machine open and he was actively working out on a hamstring curl behind me so definitely wasn’t sitting there waiting on me. I was timing my rests and they are 2 minutes. But I get your point.

@rockerfox I’m only 30 but I relate to this a lot. Guess I’m getting old but maaaaaan tell me about the shitlords that put their phones on a bench and go around for 10 min while still taking a bench :))) At least I live in an oonga boonga european country, so when that shit’s annoying, you throw their shit on the ground and work in :)))

@rockerfox OP said they were taking 2 to 3 minute breaks, which is normal. It shouldn't matter whether they look at their phone or stare at the wall in that time. OP also says that there were two identical machines available (so the idea that they were hogging a machine and not offering to switch out doesn't apply) and that the old guy didn't even use the machine once OP was done with it. I don't see how anything you wrote applies to their situation, assuming they reported it accurately.

@nickblack That’s shitty :/

I get asking to work in if someone is taking that long between sets, but not if there are open machines and certainly not just belligerently yelling. I would report that

Back