HANDSTAND MOTIVATIONAL MONTH 2017! Join us today, and get INVERTED

@ering Hell yeah here we go!

STATS: Female, 5'1"

GOAL: Do my first free standing handstand!

CURRENT PROGRESSION: I can frog stand for about 2 seconds and I can wall stand at a 30 degree angle (between legs and wall) for a minute. I need to start walking back.

@ering Stats: Male, 6 ft, 205 lbs, 57 years old. (I know, too damn old for this)
Goal: 60 second hold on chest to wall handstand and improve wrist mobility
Currently: Chest to wall handstand with hands about 18 inches from wall, can hold for 40 seconds

@ering I'm glad this motivational month is happening; I've intended to practice handstands for a while now, but I've always been limited by my space (small apartment) and time (two young children). I think I'll try to find time/space at my office instead of my home.

STATS: 34yo male, 5'10", 177lbs

GOAL: (1) to consistently practice for 10 minutes/day, (2) pirouette bail, (3) 10s freestanding handstand.

CURRENT PROGRESSION: 3x60s stomach-to-wall handstand.

@ering Right, I'm in. Having not been able to stick to a routine for a long time, this will be good. I have some travel this month for work, but I'll find a space in my hotel room!

Goal: 60s stomach to wall. Currently at 3x30-40s when I practice

@ering I've been doing the RR on/off for at least 2 years now, time to finally nail down the handstand!

I was always scared of posting this information cause of how easy it is to dox people and how easy it is to become a target of doxxing, but whatever

STATS: Male, 16, 1.79m (5'9"(I think, I don't know Imperial)), 61kg (134)

GOAL: Consistently able to kick up into a 10 second handstand

CURRENT PROGRESSION: 60 second Back to Wall, toe pulls and heel pulls

@ering Stats: M, 40, 175cm/5'9", 77.5kg/170lb.

Goal: Get the shoulder mobility to hold a straight line in my handstand, as I believe this deficiency is holding back further progress.

Progression: I can hold a freestanding HS for about 20s on my best attempts, though my kick-up is very inconsistent. I don't have the shoulder mobility to hold a straight line, and I typically under balance in my handstands.

My plan is to do shoulder opening / strengthening 4-5 times per week. This is very timely as just two days ago I got to see my handstand with a mirror for the first time in a long while, and it was clear my shoulder mobility was not where it needs to be. This lack correlates with what I feel is my biggest problem holding handstands, which is under balancing when I attempt to straighten out my line. I'm feeling very motivated to fix this right now.

@jfrsmth It gets better pretty quickly. I'd suggest you just do short sessions, not letting it get too uncomfortable. You'll probably start to see a difference in a week, or at least in 2 weeks. (Of course everybody will be a little different.)