I made Boostcamp, a free fitness app with Reddit's best workout programs. Use it to get stronger and build muscle!

terasee

Hey r/beginnerfitness! I'm Michael and my mission is to help lifters reach their fitness goals.

As all fitness enthusiasts know, following workout programs is the best way to consistently get stronger and build muscle.

The problem? Many of the most popular programs, including many on the r/fitness wiki, are all on google sheets or PDFS, which aren't easy to use.

This is why I made Boostcamp, a workout programs app with 60+ free workout programs for strength training, bodybuilding, and bodyweight fitness. This includes well-known routines from Reddit, plus new ones developed with renowned, science-based coaches.

Gym programs:
  • GZCL Program
  • rFitness Basic Beginner Routine
  • Greg Nuckols Beginner Program
  • Alberto Nunez Upper Lower
  • 5/3/1 for Beginners
  • Functional Strength 101
  • Reddit Push Pull Legs (PPL)
  • Phrak's Greyskull LP
  • Strong Curves
  • Dumbbell Stopgap
  • Dumbbell PPL
  • and more
At home programs:
  • rBodyweightFitness Recommended Routine
  • rBodyweightFitness Recommended Primer
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger Home Workout
  • Athletic Base
If you don't find a program you like, you can easily make your own multi-week routines in the app, or just log one off workouts like a basic tracker.

The core functionalities of the app are free, including following programs, creating routines, and workout tracking. There are premium features like training analytics that you can pay for, but are optional. There are no ads.

Get Boostcamp for free on iOS and Android

https://boostcamp.me/beginnerfitness

Let me know below if you love the app or have any questions/feedback!

@terasee Thanks so much for this. I’m doing Arnie’s workout twice a week at first Tuesdays and Thursdays, will add Saturdays once I feel I’m capable of a third day, and restarted Zombies25K for Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then I’ll work through the Zombies, Run! story. You’ve put so many other strength routines in your app, when I feel tired or bored with Arnie’s there are so many more to choose from. I’m in my 50’sF and menopause combined with my sedentary lifestyle has really kicked my butt. Ready to turn it all around now, with your help. Wish me luck :)

@lost5468 So awesome that you’re still kicking ass in your 50s! Seriously means a lot to hear that you’re finding the app useful. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions :)

@terasee Well that was embarrassing! Far from kicking arse lol. I’m doing knee pushups and managed 25, but the chair dips and rows only 5 of each, and the bent leg raise maybe three, my form was terrible so next time I’ll get my partner to watch me and maybe help guide me, I was worried I’d injure myself. I also don’t have anywhere here I can do chin ups. Once I’ve lost a bit of weight and built some strength I do have a place I can go to do them, a local park has some basic fitness equipment for adults next to the kids playground. I’m still too embarrassed to exercise in a public place, and it’s outdoors so can’t use it every day. But it’s better than nothing. I do have some small weights and resistance bands, so might be able to find ways of incorporating those into a workout, but mainly just using bodyweight at the moment.

@terasee Hey there thanks for making the boostcamp app ...I have selected the 12 week beginner program and I am having a little trouble .After starting the workout i can easily do all the sets with reps ...but I have a query how to advance to the next stage,if I can do the beginner set easily where is the option to add more difficulty or new exercise. If I am sticking to a exercise say for example ,plank for 30 sec 3 sets ...when to know to advance and what to do to advance

@ken37 Hm that’s odd! I’ll take a look. In the meantime you can use the filters to manually search for 3 day bodyweight programs like the Arnold Home Workout or Reddit Recommended Routine

@terasee Hi! Just downloaded and set up with a 12 week program (as I have to shape up in the next several weeks before major surgery). Just wondering how to find the profile I set up? Sorry, just a bit confused.

@waynearnold So I had to get surgery for my torn achilles this summer, and I understand how mentally challenging it is leading up to it and the recovery process.

I think it's super smart that you're trying to get in better shape now before surgery, because whatever you gain now, can be regained easier once you come back.

In hindsight, I'm grateful for the injury as it's taught me to appreciate just being in the gym and being healthy again. Wishing you the best!

@terasee Thank you! I've been doing some things for about 3 years, but that was after a debilitating injury. I don't want to lose too much progress, so I get set up with this. Your timing of your post is impeccable.